Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding planners

Thanks for all the fabulous reception site recommendations! Does anyone know what the average cost for a wedding planner in Chicago would be? Also, does anyone have a specific recommendation for somebody?

Re: Wedding planners

• Options
    CarmenFrancisCarmenFrancis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid about $700 for our DOC in 07' prices might have gone up since then but maybe not. You can email me at carmenscreek1 @yahoo But I would try to use this bad economy to your advantage! Good luck with planning, I loved planning my wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Couple of things the price will be dependent on: the service and the coordinator. A coordinator who has more experience and well established will be more expensive than a new person or someone who does it on the side. Expect to spend about 10-20% of your budget on him/her depending on who you choose for a full service package. The average Day of is around $1000.When I was looking, the average full service package I found was around $4K- this is from coordinators who had been in the business for 3+ years and did this full time...not part time. The Day of average was around $1K. Are there less expensive...yes. Are there more expensive...yes.  I learned that a low price does not necessary mean a good deal.I ended up with someone in the middle- Simply Perfect by Melissa and was extremely happy. I have passed her name along to many friends and would highly recommend her to others as well.
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amanda from lady events is who i remember seeing a lot of knotties use. we are having a lot of indian-experienced vendors so some of my suggestions will probably not work for what you need.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you said "wedding planner" I assume you want full-service planning and not just day-of. Expect to pay $4000-$8000 in the Chicago area for a good planner. I hired Simply Eventful Parties.
  • Options
    soptodd10soptodd10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd be happy to share my details with you...email me at sophia_todd@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also hired Melissa of Simply Perfect by Melissa....she has been a life saver- over and pver again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used one -- I was soooo happy I did. She ran our rehearsal at the church, set up our reception at the hall, ran our ceremony processional, took stuff from the ceremony to the reception hall, ran the reception and even took my dress to the cleaners and DH's tux to the shop after the wedding. We paid $900 for her and it was really great to know everything was just taken care of! I used Event Bliss - our DOC was Kyra. www.blisspapers.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for someone to plan your whole wedding or just help the weekend of your wedding? I used Shannon from Shannon Gail Weddings and I think she was somewhere around 800 for the weekend or 3000 for the whole thing? I think that's pretty typical and everyone I priced was similar. She was great though and highly rec'd on The Knot! GL! Christina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards