Illinois-Chicago
Options

Centerpieces...

I just bought a load of cylinder vases and I want to put some sort of flowers inside, fill them with water and put a floating candle on top. I would like to do this as cheaply as possible, so I'm looking into using silk flowers. I think I read on here a while back that they look just like real flowers in the water. In any event, I'm thinking gladiolus....where can you find really cheap (but still good looking) silk flowers? TIA
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Centerpieces...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sparkette - I'm doing the same thing, but I'm using either pink calalillies or rose petals. You wouldn't believe how expensive silk flowers are; they're almost as expensive as the real thing. Check out www.fiftyflowers.com for their pricing...that's what I'm doing.Here's the link to your gladiolus:http://www.fiftyflowers.com/search.php?search_val=gladiolus
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Michaels and bought a few and did trials with them.I tried the gladiolas and orchids they had, and actually liked the orchids better than the gladiolas.The gladiolas were hard to cut down to the right size and fit in the vase. In reality the cost of the fake flowers was close if not more expensive as real flowers so I scrapped the fake flowers.The nicer versions were 5-8 dollars a piece.I'm sure you can get cheaper real ones thru a vendor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did do the 3 cylinder centerpieces, but I used real rose petals. My sister had a similar idea and used silk flowers and bought silk orchids from Ikea. They really looked real under the water. (I would have done the same, but didn't want to steal her idea). I purchased some silk flowers the day after thanksgiving with the coupons at Michaels and Jo Anns and they ended up costing a whole lot less. Hope the info helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards