Illinois-Chicago
Options

Reception Sites-HELP

i'm flying into Chicago in a couple weeks to look at reception venues. I need to narrow down my choices, and I am looking for any reception suggestions. My ceremony is taking place in university village off the 290/ dan ryan meet. I'm looking to stay under a 30min drive at the max. to my reception. Looking for great customer service, great food, and possibly a ballroom with chandeliers. Looking to stay under $90/person. Everything in the city seems to be incredibly pricey. Any ideas?? would help tremendously, thanks.
Mrs. F 9-18-10

Re: Reception Sites-HELP

• Options
    edwinajonedwinajon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro in Greektown is pretty close to where your ceremony is.  I looked at their wedding menus and seem to be within your price range.  I can't speak for the food, but that is our host hotel for our wedding (we are getting married in the west loop).  The customer service for the hotel blocks has been great.  Might be worth a informational phone call and see if they can send you pictures.  You can download floorplans and menus from their website.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, how about the Newberry Library?  They let you bring in a caterer, and that way you can pick and choose and try to keep your costs down. Maria
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pazzo'sMaggiano'sSalvatore's  (some of their packages)South Shore Cultural CenterItalian American Sports Hall of Fame I think is around that price range...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have not had a great experience with Crowne Plaza related to our room blocks. It is too upsetting to detail as we are the midst of it now, but suffice it to say it is by far the most upsetting thing that has occurred in relation to our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not in the city, but the Renaissance Oak Brook Hotel is less than 30 mins from that location. I highly recommend it so far!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    markandginamarkandgina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza?  I don't remember exactly what the price was per person, but I think its pretty close to that; it was one of the most budget-friendly places we looked at.  Also, it has amazing views of the city.  Good luck!
  • Options
    aparada15aparada15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am having my reception at the Crowne Plaza in Greek Town. The hotel is less than a mile away from University Village, just drive North on Halsted and you'll drive right past it.   http://www.thechicagometro.com/ So far I have had a great experience! Jennifer is my coordinator and she is phenomenal. Always responds quickly to my emails and always polite. She even negotiated adding an appetizer to our dinner service (we went with the cheapest option which didn't include an appetizer) with the catering director for no extra cost!The hotel is very modern and sophisticated, exactly what I was looking for for my wedding. The hotel rooms are gorgeous, and what's best is that they only book one wedding per day, so you will have the event staff's undivided attention!The wedding reception prices range between $69 to $110 per person, all include a wedding cake from Bake for Me, bridal suite for the couple, and votives and mirrors for the tables. Contact me if you want to know more, I could talk about this all day! :)Good luck!
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank u ladies..I will check some of this out and ask if I have any more questions.. Really appreciate the help!!
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards