Illinois-Chicago

Marta

I just want to say there are a group of us here that are friends with Marta. I mean that we have laughed with Marta, we have drank with her, we have danced with her, we have shopped with her, we have been guests at her house, she has been a guest at ours. We are friends with her. We know what her laugh sound like, we hear her accent when we read her posts, we know how sharp she gets when going into her tell it like it is mode (which is never rare). We communicated with her everyday, so right no we really miss her. We talked about our lives and shared intimate things with her. We know her well and care for her very deeply. We are heartbroken. Please, be mindful of that when posting here. The outpouring of emotion here is amazing. We directed her husband to this site some time ago in hopes that seeing everyone's prayers here would lift his spirits and further solidify how special Marta is to everyone she comes into contact with. We will be in contact with his family and will let you know if there is anything that they need - meals etc. I don't think that anything like that is necessary at this time, and the planning of that may be premature. We all share a common bond of being Chicago knotties. A lot of us have been thinking about how easily it could have been one of us, and how that would affect our loved ones. It makes us more grateful for each moment we have with our friends and family. So, hug them closer today. Thank you for your prayers. I can't remember all our knotte names so, I am putting our real names. Nicole x2 Katie Liz Vianna Kelly Erin Corey Olivia

Re: Marta

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww I wish i knew her better.  She is still being prayed for here!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was something said that you have taken offense to? Whether someone has meet her or not, reading her sisters blog and hearing what has happened from her friends is heart breaking and makes you realize how precious life is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did not know Marta, but I do know how heart-wrenching that this must be for every life that she's touched.  I only pray that God will comfort her family in their time of need.  She is definitely in my prayers.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • edited December 2011
    There was highly personal information on that blog post including Marta's full name and her location in xyz hospital. For obvious reasons, that's not an ideal thing to have posted on a public forum. While prayers, thoughts, and best wishes are beyond welcomed, it would not be appropriate (in my opinion) for knotties to visit Marta or console her grieving family. Nothing was "said to offend," just boundaries being breached (again, in my opinion). I know there was no ill intention meant by anyone, it was simply a friendly request to be sensitive to Marta, her wishes, and the unknown wishes of her husband and family.
  • edited December 2011
    I deleted the I post I created offering to send flowers.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    I have deleted a post that someone pointed out may have been inappropriate as well.  My intentions were good but I can see how they can be misconstrued as otherwise.
  • edited December 2011
    I understand your concerns and they are well warranted.  I pray for her each day in the hopes that she will be well and will be with her lovely husband and family again.  I'm very jealous that all of you have gotten to know her in a personal way because she seems like such a beautiful person.  may God bless her, her family, and all of you (her friends) during this troublesome time.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone's intention was to go visit her or her family at this time. We just thought it would be nice to send something or donate something. I have never met Marta but I have talked to her through email (for my wedding monogram). And yes everything was out of the best intentions. Sorry if anyone took offense to it. My bible study group (including myself) is praying for her.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for understanding.  Liv said it best when she said how easily it could have been one of us and I think that is what everyone is thinking.  When Nicole asked all of us if she thought it would be okay to post on the Knot about what happened to Marta, we all thought it would be a good idea.  Marta helped and inspired so many people, it only seemed to make sense.  While we felt it was important to let everyone know what had happened, we also feel that Marta's privacy is important.   
  • edited December 2011
    mcs081480 = Katie
  • liv.n.danliv.n.dan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I need to remind you all that you have no idea who is reading this. This is a public board. Anyone could be reading this and there are some really sick indivduals out there. In fact, what you don't know is someone on here has stalked Marta in the past. To hear her tell the story is hilarious, but it is scary at the same time. We aren't saying all this stuff to be mean or to stop people from sending vibes and prayers. And believe me, we are not attacking anyone personally. Nicole (the morriseys) said it perfectly, there were just boundaries that were being crossed, but we are all good now. You have to be very careful girls. You all came in to a very friendly, very empty knot. Your experiences here are in a vacuum. When you are on a public webiste you are always being watched. . http://boardreader.com/fp/TheKnot_com_Weddings_and_weddi_81691/IL_ALL_Areas_542586.html And you never know by whom. Once again, I want to say your concern and prayers are needed and beautiful. Your outpouring of love and support is amazing. Keep it up. I don't want to discourage that AT ALL. We just had some concerns. We have stated all those concerns and they were understood fully and quickly, and taken care of with class and dignity - to those girls thank you. Now lets move on.
  • edited December 2011
    Prayers are said everyday....I hope she pulls through this!
  • MelbaCatMelbaCat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    out of boredom i recently lurked back on the chicago boards and was soooo shocked and saddened to hear about Marta! Thank you for those who have been updating. Marta and her family are in my prayers! May she come through this stronger than ever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Monkey29Monkey29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's my first time on here in a while. I'm so saddened to hear about Marta.  From these boards, I know her to be witty and creative. She will be in my prayers, as will her husband and the rest of her family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards