Illinois-Chicago
Options

When did you....

send your thank you cards. I am feeling like we are a lil behind. We made a poster that said Thank You....and on the wedding day DH and I held the poster outside our hall. We are going to use that on the front of the card. That being said I had to wait for our professional pics to be ready and I ordered our proof CD. I will get it saturday and then I will order the Thank You cards. I am just worried that by the time I order them and write them all and mail them it's late. I got married October 3rd. Am I late? Also, do you think it's rude to send these: (sorry I don't know how to make it clicky) http://photos1.walmart.com/choosestyleslimline/AlbumID=/PictureID= DH wants to just send these but I don't know if it's proper. I have received many of these in the past 2 years from weddings we've been to but I don't know if it's rude to not take the time to write a thank you. I know if we did these they would get out much faster....being able to print them on the spot and not have to order them, plus saving time by not having to write them out. Sorry so long....TIA!!!

Re: When did you....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're late.  I got married on the 10th and asked the photographer to send a couple of good digital negatives to us and we ordered from shutterfly.  We won't get them till this weekend or early next week, so they won't go out until probably next weekend or the following.  I don't think people expect you to get them out so fast especially if you went on a honeymoon etc.  Is there a way you can contact your photog to have them send a digital negative sooner?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp that most people assume you went on a honeymoon so I don't think you're too late.  I'd try and get some negatives though so you can get moving.  All thank you notes should be hand written.  The link didn't work but from your explanation I assume it's a generic thank you note that I don't think would be appropriate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're definitely not late. People understand that you didn't sit down the day after the wedding to write all your thank you notes. But I do think you have to write them. I know I'd rather get a late written note than an early generic print out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if the link didn't work....but yes it would be a picture of DH and I holding the thank you poster and then it just says thank you on the side. Very generic and we wouldn't write anything. I don't think it would be appropriate but I thought maybe we can get off easy....hahahahaha. Glad to hear I'm not too late then. I just felt behind. I will get my digital proofs in 2 days so I will order the cards Saturday after I get the proofs. I am thinking about using Vista Print or Shutterfly. Any reviews on them? Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    drbweddingdrbwedding member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are fine, technically you need to get thank you's out within two months after your wedding. So you still have a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards