Illinois-Chicago
Options

Union Station Wedding

Hi ladies! I am not getting married until next Fall but we have started planning the big details. We chose Union Station and were hoping to do everything on site as neither of wants a church wedding. The more I consider this though, the more complicated it's getting.

Has anyone gotten married or is planning to get married at Union Station? Have you ever been to a wedding there? I'm trying to decide if I should go full steam ahead or we should consider finding a separate ceremony site..
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: Union Station Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    another Joliet bride!  Ive heard great things about Union Station Weddings!  It was a site we considered, but ended up going elsewhere.  I can't remember which knottie had theirs there..... agh!  sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is a great venue, but I was there a few years back. My friend had her wedding and reception there. The bad thing about this place is the noise. When my friend was doing her vows, there were trains coming in and goin out. No one could hear them at all and the train sound was deafining!!! The reception, we couldn't hear the toasts, becuase it ecos bad...same with the music. The sound is not good in the station at all.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be mostly concerned with a backup plan incase of rain?  I know they normally host their ceremonies on the balcony, but where would it be held in case of rain? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about Chicago Union Station or Joliet Union Station? I had an event at Chicago Union Station last September. Union STation is not air conditioned and it was a few days of 70 degree weather and it was hot in there. They have fans but it didn't do too much as it was an event of 800 people. It might not be as much of an issue for a wedding. The accoustics can be a bit of a challenge there and there are only 2 stalls in the Great Lobby area. Your guests may have to use the bathrooms in the main part of the station. It is a beautiful venue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure which one you are considering. My cousin got married at the Joliet station and they too had an issue with the acoustics.
  • Options
    abjb10abjb10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to Union Station Wedding:

We are considering union station in two falls from this coming /> i was wondering how everything is turning out for you? & if you would recommend it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards