Illinois-Chicago

dmv and name /address change

Hi,

We  got married on the july 16 and my wife is chaning her name.  I tried  looking on  the DMV site to  see what  she need to   change her  name  for her lisece  and  address.  I have found  anything since it is alot of  it  blocked at  work.      So  any idea what  is requireed?

Re: dmv and name /address change

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She needs proof that she lives where she lives (a utilities bill) and the marriage certificate.  She may need to go to SS office first to change her name.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp.  She DOES need to go to SS office first and then DMV, although I've heard that some DMVs don't require a SS card with the new name  and only need the marriage license. However, I wouldn't waste the time to find out.  I'd go to SS office, apply for new card, get new SS card and then go to DMV
  • edited December 2011
    You actually don't have to go to the SS office first but you do need to bring your SS card with. I just changed my name at the DMV a couple weeks ago with my old SS card, photo ID (used my passport or you can use a current license), utility bill and of course the marriage license!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards