Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rehearsal dinner help!

My FI and I have only lived in Chicago for a couple years. We are from Texas and all of our family is traveling here from all over the south for the wedding. For our rehearsal dinner we wanted to do something Chicago style and had our hearts set on Lou Malnati's. Our wedding and everyone's hotel is in Waukegan and we just found out the closest Lou's (full service restaurant) is 45 minutes away and their party room is already booked. The hotel won't let us have them cater to one of their banquet rooms because they don't allow outside food or drinks. We could go further out and make everyone drive an hour to dinner, but I don't really want to do that. Gino's East won't do party rooms, Uno's is really expensive, and Giordano's didn't have any party information on their website. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?! 

Re: Rehearsal dinner help!

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Do you have a place you could have any of the above catered to?

A church hall, home, hotel, etc?  Or Portillo's! Yummy, casual Chicago-style food!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HOW ABOUT GIARDANNOS?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If it doesn't have to be pizza, I would second Portillo's----for the chocolate cake alone---- Luke's Italian Beef---or perhaps Hackney's!

JJ Twig's or Chicago Slice is also good for pizza.

• Options
    kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Giordannos!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would contact the Giordano's nearest to your venue. I believe they are operated separately. You can also try Edwardo's. I know they have a location near Libertyville. You also might want to try something local to Waukegan. Unless you have your heart set on a chain restaurant. There is a good pizza place in Grayslake called Pat's Pizza, but I am not sure if they have a banquet room. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing Portillios at my FMIL's house...try looking into using a family members house or a public place like a park or something.
    There is a Lou's in Buffalo Grove but I'm not sure if that is way too far for you :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you maybe cater in to your house? If you're rehearsal isn't large, that might get you the food you want and be a nice laid back vibe. I'm sure your parents/WP would be willing to help clean up after the meal and everyone could relax and catch up.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    JennBrynnJennBrynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her Rehearsal Dinner at Portillo's in Vernon Hills and it went well.  They have a room you can use and it is semi private (lots of non-guests looking in to see if they could sit in there).  They do wristbands for alcohol and set up a pretty decent buffet.  If I had to guess she had about 30-40 people at her dinner.  

In Grayslake there is also Bill's Pub which a local icon, but I'm not sure if they have a party room.  

In Lake Zurich there is a Giordano's and Gino's East (both at the corner of 12 and 22)
      I believe they both do private parties.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all the tips and I am checking into all of them. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards