Illinois-Chicago

Chicago Florist HELP!

Does anyone have a recomendation for a florist in Chicago (downtown/north side)?? My budget is around $2K and I want someone who is familiar with our reception spot, Salvage One....there are so many to choose from, I don't know where to start!

HELP

Thanks for any tips!

Re: Chicago Florist HELP!

• edited December 2011

I would suggest ordering from www.costco.com or www.samsclub.com and have them shipped to you.

• shanrock211shanrock211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be working with Eileen Looby from Lake Forest Flowers, If she can't do the event she has contacts in the area that can.

847-234-0017
    800-533-8822

• edited December 2011
    Nancy @ The Flower Firm.  She does amazing work and was the only florist that I was allowed to use that worked with my budget. AMAZING work.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kio Kreations...she will do so much for your budget and is very talented.
  • edited December 2011
    You've got to check out Kio Kreations! I don't know when your wedding is but I'm pretty sure she's fairly booked up for 2011.
    www.kiokreations.com
    She's done all the major venue's in the City!
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ZuZu's Petals - she did amazing work on our wedding with a $2k budget. Everyone raved about our flowers! Natalie was incredible to work with and she really knows how to work with any size budget.
    I've heard that Kristen at Kio Kreations is recommending ZuZu's when she's already booked on a date.
  • edited December 2011

We're going with LaSalle Flower for a couple of reasons...1. we're very familiar with them...it's where my finace always goes when he sends me flowers and also where we buy mothers day flowers etc 2. their flowers are always fresh and last and 3. we went in just to get a estimant and were absolutely floored at how inexpensive their quote was compared to others. We were fully expecting to spend anywhere from $8-$10k to get everything we wanted. They came in at about $4k for the same things people were quoting us in the 8-10k range. Definitely set up a time and go talk to them...it's a mom and pop shop with a family feel but they always do great work. They also very easy to get to and there's easy street parking.

http://www.lasalleflowers.com/

Good luck!
    Katie

• cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have also booked with Natalie @ ZuZu petals.  I talked to about 3 florists before her and she was the only one who gave us a quote based on our budget.  The other quotes were all wayyyyy over our budget.

Natalie has been awesome to work with so far and has given us alot of suggestions on what flowers to use to keep the price reasonable!!
  • edited December 2011
    I have to also reccomend Natalie with ZuZu's peatls out of Orland Park.

I have MUCH smaller budget ($800) and she was totally able to work within that budget.  I sent her pics of somethings I liked, and she sent me back a quote on what she intended to do and how much it would cost me.

Shes been great to work with.  My wedding is this weekend so I dont know what the flowers actually look like, but Im completly confident that all my flowers will look great.
  • CSasala37CSasala37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would recommend Catherine's Gardens in Oak Forest. Ive read really good things about them & have an appointment to meet with them. I was also on wedding channel & I saw that they offer a deal of the day. & Catherine's is having a special on 2 wedding packages where you save I think it said 38%. Good luck on planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards