Illinois-Chicago
Options

Lake County Marriage License?

Did anyone around here get their marriage license in Lake County? I'm just wondering if anyone has some helpful tips. Unfortunately I think we will have to go on a Friday afternoon because FI works evenings and I work in Schaumburg so it will take us a while to make it over to Waukegan. We are anticipating that we will have to wait a few hours, does that sound accurate?
Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Lake County Marriage License?

• Options
    lunacydresslunacydress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in Prospect Heights and went on a Friday evening.  It took about 30 minutes to get there, up 294 to Rt. 120. 

We actually had to make three trips up there, because we're dumb, apparently!  We started going up the first time and got almost there and realized that I left my wallet at home.  Turned around and there was still enough time to go back, so we did. 

We got there about 15 minutes before they closed, and there was a couple in line ahead of us who were also getting a marriage license.  The officer at the desk said he couldn't let them get it that day because the woman's drivers license was expired.  I realized that mine was expired too, had been since my birthday in April!  So we walked out.  On the way home, we realized that I could have used my state ID as identification, but by then they were already closed.  Yell  I got my license renewed the next morning.

We tried again the next Friday, with everything we needed- current drivers licenses, money, etc.  There were 5 or 6 other couples there.  You fill out a couple of forms while you're waiting, show the officers your license, then you go over to a desk where someone asks you about your information, as well as stuff they use just for record keeping- your parents names and birthplaces, stuff like that.  You pay your money (it was $37 for us because we ordered two additional copies of the official license...I don't know what I'll need them for, but I figure now is the easiest time to get extras, not in 10 years when they'll really have to dig them out or something.)

Once we got there, it was less than an hour- maybe 40 minutes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards