Illinois-Chicago
Options

Brookfield Zoo

With this new system The Knot has I cannot get to a previous post that I had made for some reason.  I'm really close signing with the Brookfield Zoo for a reception and would love feedback from brides who have had there wedding there, are planning a wedding there, or knotties that have been guests at a wedding there.  Just looking for the same old info-overall thoughts, was it worthe the money, the pros and cons from your experience.

I'm just freakin out a little over the cost, but our wedding will probably have about 200 people at the end of the day 2/3 of which will be traveling in from outside Illinois so we wanted a unique venue-with a wedding of this size I guess affordable kinda goes out the window.

Many thanks!

Re: Brookfield Zoo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception there Sept 19th, 2009. 
    Let me start by telling you by all the comments from our guests (@175) that it was the most memorable wedding they have ever been too. 
    The venue is gorgeous with the little gardens and of course the animals.
    The personal Zoo tour is great fun, built in entertainment.
    The photo op's are like none other.
    The cocktail hour options will have everyone talking to each other.
    The food is amazing, and we have quite a few very particular "foodie" type people (get the tomato bisque en croquette or something like that as your soup option).
    The only issue is that the night goes by soooo very quickly.
    We had our ceremony by the Roosevelt Fountain, Cocktails with the Giraffes and Reception in Discovery Center.
    Email if you have any other questions! bubblesparkle11 at hotmail
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We came SO close to signing a contract with them, but decided on a DW instead.  I'm a little sad - I think a zoo wedding would have been all sorts of amazing.  I  haven't been to a wedding there, but from my perspective I say go for it!
  • Options
    mellsybmellsyb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking at the zoo as well...love the dophin room!!  Let me know how it goes.  Have you thought about Catherine Leggy Park?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the looks of that venue. I saw it a few months back on my photographers site blog and I wasn't even aware that they did weddings at zoos. Her name is Heather Parker photographer but I am sure you can find pictures of real weddings from anywhere online. It looks like nothing else we've seen in terms of cool wedding places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are booked and ready for our wedding at Brookfield Zoo in July :)  I cannot wait....

• Options
    noemic96noemic96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there this June 19, 2010.  I'm very happy with the service so far.  The price is a little bit CRAZY but i believe that it is worth it.  The photo opts and the excitement from all of my guests make it worth it.  Make it your own. I'll write more after the wedding.  We picked the swamp for our cocktail hour.  How exciting is that.  You can email me at  noemic96 @ yahoo for more info or input.
  • Options
    mcoleman80mcoleman80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much per plate?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards