Ohio-Northeast
Options

American Wilderness Campground reception

My fiance and I are on a tight budget and want to find a reception site that is unique to us (outdoorsy) and beautiful.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the American Wilderness Campground banquet hall in Grafton.  It's a log cabin, has a patio, and our guests can rent cabins there for the night, which all sounds perfect for us, but I have only seen one review and it was from one of the employee's weddings.  Any insight would be helpful!  I've never been to a wedding at a campground before, so I'm afraid there may be some details or issues we may encounter.  Thanks!

Re: American Wilderness Campground reception

• Options
    I've not heard of a campground wedding either, but it sounds good -- and perfect for you, if you're outdoorsy. As long as your guests are ok with cabin type accommodations, go for it! (And, if that's not their thing, there are probably hotels somewhat nearby -- I'm not familiar with Grafton.) Are the grounds and the hall ADA compliant (ok for wheelchairs or the elderly who might have trouble getting around)? What is the parking situation like (will guests be walking a far distance to reach the hall itself)? Are you thinking your ceremony would be there as well? If so, would you need a separate area for you and your girls to get ready? Love your idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fhs07fhs07 member
    First Comment
    I've been to a reception at American Wilderness about 3 years ago and it was very nice. I know people who camp there and had been there before. The parking is right in front of the hall, the only problem I remember with it was that it was wet out and my heels sank in the grass where we parked(the parking lot is gravel) but it wasn't that big of a deal. I don't remember it being able to hold that many people if you have a dance floor. It is very nice especially if you like the outdoorsy feel.
  • Options
    I just got married there over the weekend - i dont have any pics posted on this site but I have been tagged on Facebook like crazy. 
    Allison is the lady in charge of the hall. You get 5 hours with the hall and it's $100 for every extra hour. They are the hall, table n chairs, and bartenders only, you have to get a caterer and linens elsewhere. 
    If you would like more details about this place or to see more pics find me on facebook under "Rachel Bartlett" 
    I loved the venue - I wouldnt change my choice if i did it ovar again,. It is far from civalization, but as long as your ceremony isnt far away people shouldnt have too much of a problem :) 
    --Rachel 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards