Ohio-Northeast
Options

Any brides in the Youngstown area?

I'm just wondering if there are any brides in my area.

Re: Any brides in the Youngstown area?

• Options
    mrsjageltobemrsjageltobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a (soon-to-engaged) bride in Youngstown :)

• Options
    jserenkjserenk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Youngstown bride getting married in October! Happy wedding planning!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am, too! And my FI and I are having a hard time finding a place to have our reception - I'm not picky... it's just that every place we've seen one of us likes and the other doesn't. I'm looking for a unique venue that won't cost an arm and a leg, haha. Any suggestions?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sure am, getting married next June at powers auditorium.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in the Youngstown area, but I am getting married in Kirtland. Our wedding is in August of this year!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Cincinnati, but my fiance is from Youngstown and we're getting married this August at Fellows Riverside Gardens. We currently live in Washington, DC. Planning a wedding long-distance and in a town I don't know very well has been pretty difficult. Without the internet I'd be in big trouble!

musicxstore: The people at the rose garden have been very helpful and it's a reasonably priced venue for residents of Mahoning County, which my future in-laws are. You can also bring in your own caterer which was nice. They have an approved list, but as long as your caterer can show them all the proper licenses you can use anyone. We got lucky when we called them back in February because someone had just canceled their August 20 event, so we're having our reception at Rossi Auditorium and our ceremony right outside in the White Garden.

I have a question too: Can anyone recommend any good hair salons or makeup artists in the Youngstown area? They don't need to travel to us, but if they do that would be great. My fiance is NO help with that! His mom is having a shower for me next month and I'd like to be able to go do a trial run then if I can.
  • Options
    mteecemteece member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the Youngstown area, but I'm getting married in Wooster, OH where I'm from. Also, mstaralee you might want to check out Casal's. They are a little on the pricey side but they really do a great job.They are also pretty close to Mill Creek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jserenk- My vow renewal is in October! Where's your venue(s)?

mstaralee- I think Dillard's at the Southern Park Mall comes to you. That's where I'm probably going. Either there or Macy's in the same mall. Also, I'm considering my vow renewal at the gazebo in the riverside garden then the reception in the rossi building. I can't believe those are your venues!
  • Options
    I know this post is old but HEY! lol I'm a ytown bride! Also a student at YSU =]

And Mteece....also you can try Casel graduates and not just the salon! My fiance's cousin is going to Casel Aveda Institute and is almost done with school. I've seen pics on her fb of a make-up and hair job she did and highlights she's done and they were nice! She's going to be doing my hair for my wedding...which is a long time away lol but just because they are newly finished students...the skill may still be there. Depending on what you want done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards