Illinois-Chicago
Options

Did You Tip For Alterations?

Going to pick up my dress in 20 minutes - should I tip her?  It's a woman who does this out of her house.
Photobucket Vacation Vacation

Re: Did You Tip For Alterations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If she owns her own business, I wouldn't tip.  She is already getting 100% of the money you pay her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't matter if she owns the business or not. What you should ask when tipping anyone is did the person do their job really well or do anything extra  that would warrant a tip?

Mine went out of her way and put a lot of extra time into my dress in order to give it a little more length so I could wear the heels I had my heart set on, something we didn't even ask her to do, so we did tip her for the extra effort (I think $30).
  • Options
    girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got back from picking up my dress.  She put in a French bustle - some of the tulle underneath shows now and some seems to gather at the side of each hip making it really poofed out.  Is that how it's supposed to be? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a pic of the back of your dress without being bustled? Just asked my bff and moh who is a designer, she said that should only happen if your train was really short, and in that case shouldnt be bustled anyway
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We would love to see how it came out! Post a picture!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No idea if I'm doing this right...let's see..I'll put the back of the dress first
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry, I'm making a weird face so I wanted to cover it up.  The train is pretty long and it's got buttons all the way down and panels of French lace.  The dress is a Marisa, no idea what the style number is.  I got it at Wedding Belles. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This might be huuuuuge, but here it is bustled.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here's the part I'm talking about....I was just thinking about it.  It looks like she did 3 hook & eyes on the back and one on each side.  The ones on the side are the ones showing the white tulle underneath.  Should I just go without those and leave the back three buttoned?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FIrst of all your dress is beautiful and regardless of the bustle you will be a gorgeous bride :)

I showed the picture to my friend, she said it sounds like they might have bustled straight across, instead of tapering off to the sides, she used this as an example as how it should taper http://www.jennandscott.com/Bustle.jpg
    She said if its bustled straight across you should definatley ask them to redo the sides
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards