Illinois-Chicago
Options

recommendations for airbrush make up

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for a new make up artist who will come to me and does air brush. I was set up with Monique Madrid, but she had to cancel so now I'm back to the drawing board. Alot of the recommendations on this board are already booked for my June 26 date, so I'm open to any suggestions.

TIA!

Re: recommendations for airbrush make up

• Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend Cynthia Sally!  She did my make-up as well as 3 of my BMs and she did a fabulous job on all of us.  I also found her to be priced very well.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Mags04Mags04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you tried Andie Cumber yet?  If not give her a try.  Her website is http://andiecumber.com/

She did airbrush for my Mom, 5 bridesmaids and myself.  Everyone looked fabulous and she was one of my favorite vendors.  I loved having her around the morning of my wedding.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP 12/31/12 ~ EDD 9/13/13
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Sonia Roselli or any of her girls? 

I'm sorry about Monique - she did the same for me for hair.  I'm in the process of looking for someone else :(
  • Options
    jeanybaby2011jeanybaby2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am seriously considering Sonia Roselli's girls. I really have enjoyed talking to Susan  who does all of Sonia's bookings. She has been very patient with me and my 4000 questions.

Sonia herself does not come cheap but I am looking at a few of her newer artists and it's comfortable and reasonable for my budget.

www.soniaroselliweddings.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Kim Nather, she does airbrush and traditional makeup. $120 for the trial and day of total. She has done my makeup twice and will be doing it for my wedding too! www.beautybybrush.com

Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out Starlight, Lilian Toma she does airbrush and offers free trials!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sonia roselli

• Options
    jlkluskenjlklusken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karismatic Makeup. Most reasonable prices when I was looking and results were great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beauty on call is very nice and the senior artists can be pricey, but they have lower level girls who seem to be just as talented.  i believe i met one of the owners at an expo earlier this week in the west loop and she was very pleasant and seemed to know what she was talking about
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lillian Toma was really wonderful to work with, plus a lot of fun to be with on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend her!
  • Options
    lunacydresslunacydress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've emailed just about everyone and I'm strongly considering Carla G: http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/hair-makeup-by-carla-chicago/446db0a61ec7ea93.html

She has no minimum # of people or amount of services and she's really reasonably priced.
  • Options
    dfryerdfryer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I highly reco Lillian Toma with Starlight. I wouldn't waste your time with Sonia Roselli. Their web site looks amazing, but the artist I had (Jen) didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You want extraordinary when you are paying that much. Yes, definitely go with Starlight....they showed up early for the wedding and delivered on making my skin look flawless. It's worth it - talk to Lillian.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards