Illinois-Chicago
Options

Looking for venue to hold ceremony and reception

We have just started the wedding planning and we are looking to get married in March 2013. We are looking to have it somewhere in the Chicago suburbs. We want to have the ceremony and reception with possibly a cocktail hour at the same place for about 200 or so guests. I have looked into places like the Hilton Lisle/Naperville, Stonegate Conference Centre... Any suggestions of other venues or reviews of the places I have looked into?

Re: Looking for venue to hold ceremony and reception

• Options
    We are having our ceremony and reception in April 2013 at Indian Lakes in Bloomingdale.  If you've never been there, check it out.  The atrium has a lot of greenery and a waterfall.  The reception hall holds 200 for one room or you can get the two rooms.  It's a very different type of venue and not everyone's style.  We like it because we are not fancy people and it fit our type of style.  It's very different than the typical banquet halls.  It's got a great area for cocktail hour with a fire pit inside.  If you do decide to go look at it, I will tell you to be sure to go back when there's a wedding set up.  My mom didn't really like the place when she saw it empty.  Then we went back and saw it set up for a wedding and it looked gorgeous!  That's my 2 cents.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at The Chateau Bu-Sche which is in the southwest suburbs. Their atriums are gogreous. I've also heard good things about Stonegate Conference Centre, Hilton Naperville. Check out some reviews on weddingwire.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You should look into the Lighthouse Restaurant in Cedar Lake, IN.  It is about 45 mins south of the city, right over to border.  The restaurant is situated on a beautiful lake and the Reception space upstairs has windows that showcase it.  The sunset is absolutely breath taking.  The wedding packages range from $39-$78 per person. Check out the website www.cedarlakelighthouse.com.
  • Options
    We're having our reception and ceremony at Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton in April 2013. Their indoor ceremony space can accomodate your 200 guests and the space is beautiful! We fell in love with it the minute we saw it. They have a separate space for cocktail hour and I think they are running incentives for March 2013. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having ours at Venuti's in Addison.  You can do the ceremony and reception there. Indian Lakes is another great place to look that is where our hotel block is.  Any one of the Victoria locations are great.  They have 3 locations all in the Rosemont area.  Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    Danada House in Wheaton
    Klein Creek Golf Club in Winfield (had our reception there)
    I second Arrowhead CC
  • Options
    We are having our reception at the Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club. Beautiful grounds and you get a lot of space for your money both outside and in. Plus the room itself is really pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards