Illinois-Chicago

PSA Rolfs Patisserie has closed in Lincolnwood, IL

I wasn't sure if anything was interested in Rolfs or not. They closed their doors yesterday. I just wanted to give a heads up.

Re: PSA Rolfs Patisserie has closed in Lincolnwood, IL

• edited December 2011
    Are they totally closed?  I just booked my cake with them like 2 weeks ago and no one has called or said anything?
  • bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to their website and saw this statement:

"December 10, 2011 - With deep regret Rolf's Patisserie, Inc. announces the closing of its business in Lincolnwood, IL, effective immediately.  Due to sharply higher operating costs, the cost of financing an expansion project and the inability to operationally meet the seasonal demands of our customers, we have made this difficult decision. We thank you for your patronage and we apologize for any inconvenience."

Amber, hopefully you can find another bakery soon!
    Anniversary
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Others who may be impacted and not realize it are brides whose venue used Rolf's to provide the cake for their wedding.  Even though my daughter held her wedding in the NW suburbs, I believe at least one venue we looked at in Lincolnshire used Rolf's as their baker.

Obviously, it is up to the management of the venue to find/hire another baker, but it may or may not impact the plan you had as far as cake designs/flavors you might have wanted.
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow how unfortunate!  Ditto @mobkaz--there were a lot of venues we looked at that had Rolf's as their baker. 
  • divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On of our options is them....or should I say was
  • Hyatt Lodge Sent us an e-mail.
    DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards