Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rings

Hi Everyone!
My wedding is coming up soon. However, I am still stuck at finding a pair of wedding bands. My budget really doesn't allow me to purchase big name designer rings like Tiffanys, but I also dislike the mid commercial mass produced companies like Zales and Kay. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I should go to purchase my rings? I live in Evanston, IL

Thanks so much!
Si 

Re: Rings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the jewelers on Jewelers Row on Wabash. That is where my FI got mine, from a friends recommendation. Just one guy who has his own business. Our experience was great!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance had my engagement ring designed at (the wonderful) Jan Dee jewelry store in Lincoln Park.  It is a very small independent store that will work whatever your budget is. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the private companies on Jewelers Row are very competitive. I am not sure if it is an issue for you but Canada has reasonably priced bands with ethically harvested gold and dimaonds. www.brilliantearth.com is one of the places you can get them from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    have you tried looking online - like bluenile.com or adiamor.com?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try M. Martin and Co. on Wabash. (jeweler's row)
  • Options
    awilk99awilk99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would also recommend jewelers row, in particular  new york jewelers. their stuff is fanatastic,and great quality! ask for john...you will not be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second New York Jewelers on Wabash.  My FI designed my engagement ring there and they've been great to work with.  We are going there for our rings also.
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for all your help! We are going there tomorrow to check it out. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards