Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bridal shower - fathers day weekend?

Fi and I wanted to have our bridal shower on June 18 a Saturday because he works on Sundays. My mom notified me that is also fathers day weekend. I'm not very close with my dad, however I'm thinking of my relatives and friends that are.
Is this a bad weekend? Do you normally have bbqs or get-togethers on that Saturday or Sunday? I wouldn't mind pushing is back a week to the 25 but I'm not sure? Thanks ladies :)

Re: Bridal shower - fathers day weekend?

• Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We normally do things on Sunday, but if it's not an inconvenience for your family/friends to have the shower the next weekend, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.  Not the end of the world though--a few hours in the afternoon the day before Fathers' Day is not terrible.  It's nice of you to consider that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not attend a bridal shower on Sunday, Father's Day but I don't see a problem attending a shower on Saturday.  In the end, I think the following weekend is probably the best alternative.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do things with my dad on Fathers day but not normally on Saturday. However, if it is not a big deal, I would push it back one weekend. Some people might do camping trips or stuff with their grandparents that day.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't attend on father's day either, but saturday wouldn't be a big deal at all.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Will most of your guests be local? If so, I don't think it's a big deal to have it on the Saturday.
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's a big deal to have it on a Saturday. My wedding day is June 18th and I haven't heard a single person talk about it being Father's Day the next day.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We had a shower on a Saturday this past September.  We chose Saturday moreso because the bride was from out of town and had to fly out again on Sunday.  I cannot tell you how many guests made a point of telling me how much they preferred attending on a Saturday!  I think it's because for so many working people, Sunday is devoted to church, family, and "re-organizing" for the work week.

You may actually find this to be the case for your situation as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards