Illinois-Chicago
Options

NWR - The search is back on...

FI got the call today. We didn't get the house :(

I realize that most people don't get the first house they look at/put a bid on, and shame on me for getting my hopes up... but when the realtor said Wednesday "it's a good sign you haven't heard yet", I got excited.

Oh well.

So we're back searching. Thus far, everything else we've found online that we like [looking at realtor.com] is a shortsale or is already contingent/sale pending. Bummer.

Feeling very disheartened at the moment. (Though, this news came on top of my university royally effing up my summer registration AND finding out that FI accidentally threw away one of my favorite necklaces without realizing it... the one he bought me for Valentine's Day - a manufactured ruby & diamond heart pendant.) *sigh*

Re: NWR - The search is back on...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! The process can be daunting but rewarding! Keep your head up! There's lots of inventory out there so you WILL find the first home of your dreams. On a side note...your realtor has tools that can help you narrow your choices and help you find the right property for you and your fiancee....lean on them and let them earn and keep your business. Agents aren't there just to make a call and sign a contract!

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Give it time. I know how it feels. We have been looking since january and we just lost our second .... A house we LOVED and we made a full price offer but the seller owed more than they thought so they backed out. It will come, at least that is what everyone tells us
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. We offered $9,000 more than asking on this last one, so it's a little disheartening.

But oh well. Guess we'll just keep looking - we really don't have another choice haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry about this; the exact same thing happened to me when FI and I started looking at houses.  We found the BEST house; 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car attached garage, excellent kitchen, and great HUGE yard!  I LOVED it the moment we walked in--and it was w/in our budget!  FI wanted to look at more b/c we hadn't seen very many houses yet.  I told him that someone would buy it from underneath us, and they did, even though we offered to go above the list price :(  

We wound up buying a new construction condo that is great!  But I understand that extreme feeling of sadness after you let your hopes up.  You'll find a great place soon enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went through this about a year and a half ago, losing out at the last minute on the house of our dreams. FI took it a lot harder than I did, because he'd invested so much time into searching for the perfect house. We took a few months off from looking but then started again and ended up buying a great house at an even better price than the first. So I understand the feeling, but I'm sure you'll find something just as great or even better, just keep looking! :) Good luck!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards