Illinois-Chicago
Options

Our 1st vendor interview

So my FI and I decided we would start the wedding planning after the holidays and it's about time I get my butt in gear considering we are well into February! LOL  We have the church & reception sites booked but now we are moving on to a photographer.

I made a few appointments and just wanted to see what other Knotties thought.  Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Essence Photo & Video, Schaumburg
Modern Image Studios, Downers Grove
Timothy Whaley & Associates, Schaumburg

Re: Our 1st vendor interview

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to all three of these and went with Modern Image Studios, their presentation and price was by far the best.  We are going for our free enagement photos next month.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was really disappointed with Essence. We used them for our October wedding. I wish I would have hired someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    those are all big studios rather than independent people. there are always mixed reviews of the bigger companies since they outsource. i think i remember seeing okay things about modern image studios. is there a directory of knottie rviews other than on yelp?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although I am using TWA, I have heard some bad things about them. No matter who you use, make sure you read ALL the fine print, as I hear the larger companies can put things in there you may regret later.  I was lucky that the guy who turned out to be our photographer interviewed me first, or I may not have gone with them, as when I went to interview other larger photography companies, I would have a sales person talk to me, and I that would turn me off immediately.  Just an FYI, though, I have not had ANY issues thus far, with the engagement pictures, photo book, customer service, our photograher himself, etc.  It has been a great experience...HTH!
  • Options
    cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for your input!  Tomorrow is the 1st meeting with Essence so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I work with someone who knows the owner so that's how I was referred.  Also, a friend of mine who got married in September used Modern Image and said everything was fabulous. 

We'll see how it goes! Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ask if you'll be able to meet or select the photographer. With bigger studios you might not and that's what scared me. I wanted to meet my photographer to see if I liked him. I used Dennis Lee and he met and did our wedding in LA. Love his work and blog, he just puts so much thought into each wedding.

• Options
    rivasgirls3rivasgirls3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was mislead about the video package I bought which was the Essentials Package. $1645.00. According to Modern Image it's a "raw footage package". I was unaware and not informed that this would include ceiling shots, floor shots, very shakey video, and only the back of my husbands head for the whole ceremony, the videographer saying "that sucks" , and taking a shot of a cake that wasn't even ours, and a close up of my cleavage. The brochure states there is editing but it's not true. It was very disappointing and my husband and I are completely unsatisfied and would not recommend thier services for videography. Thank God for our photographer John Strauss who took wonderful pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards