Illinois-Chicago
Options

Please help me find a bridal shop with affordable dresses in downtown chicago!!!

My girlfriends and I are planning a trip for the bride at the end of the month.  We would like to go wedding dress shopping with her but have no idea where to go as none of us are from the chicago area.  We are looking for a bridal shop with off the rack dresses (wedding is in April) that are affordable (under $1500.00).  Does such a place exist??  Other than David's that is.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Kate-bridesmaid

Re: Please help me find a bridal shop with affordable dresses in downtown chicago!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got an email from a company called the bridal sampler. They are having an expo this Sunday and have dress companies there offer pretty big discounts. the website from the email is www.bridalsampler.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have to stay in the city? The only place I know of in the city is White Chicago, if you are willing to trek out to the burbs, Wedding Belles is great! Both those 2 sell samples.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't buy my dress there, but I did try dresses on at Dimitras on Rush. My budget was under $2k and I was able to find a lot way under that. They carry a lot of samples but also some new dresses that you can order. I found a really gorgeous 2010 dress from San Patrick (which I believe is a less expensive line from Pronovias) and it was around $900- brand new. I think that's the most reasonably priced store downtown.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a shop called Weddings 826 that specializes off-the-rack and sample dresses.  I did not get my dress there, but I have heard good things about them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    usually downtown is always expensive. for wedding venues, restaurants, hotels accommodations, and wedding gowns. going out a little further to the burbs might help.
  • Options
    amylulichamylulich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Weddings 826 (in Lincoln Park on Armitage) with a friend who was getting married. It was a good experience--they gave us champaign and it was nice because she was the only person there for the appointment. The dresses are off the rack and may have been worn in a fashion show so they often jsut need a good cleaning/steaming.
  • Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Eva's on Harlem.  It's a bit of a hike if you don't drive but it's worth grabbing a zip car.  There appeared to be several places on Harlem that do discount.  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i 2nd the sample stores like whitechicago and weddings 826. Also what about Kasia's on Irving Park. It's north and west of the city but not too far off the highway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards