Illinois-Chicago
Options

NWR- any recommendations?

Hi ladies, my husband and I are having a little get away in Chicago this weekend.  I was wondering if anyone has some good restaurant recs for us.  I'm looking mostly for casual and we also need a rec for lunch before a matinee at the Ford Theatre on Sat.

I'll also take recommendations for some nicer restaurants as I would like to surprise him to celebrate a recent HUGE accomplishment of his:)

TIA!!

Re: NWR- any recommendations?

• Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peterino's is just down the block from Cadillac and is kind of THE theatre district restaurant (a lot of the actors go there after the shows).

What kind of food do you enjoy? Do you want to stay in the neighborhood your hotel is in/theater district or are you willing to travel a bit?
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're driving in so we are willing to travel :)  especially for dinner.  We're pretty open to all types of food, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kuma's corner has the best burgers in town.  Its a metal bar and the burgers and mac and cheese are TO DIE FOR.  There can be a four hour wait time, but I found the best time to go is 11a on a Saturday.  The place doesn't open until 11.30 so you only have to wait for 30 min....its totally worth it. 
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    LeesWLeesW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree that Kuma's Corner will serve you the best burger you've ever had - no kidding.
    Marche is a really nice French restaurant on Randolph St.  They have great food (especially the lamb shank) and amazing desserts.  It's a perfect place for a romantic dinner / celebration.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much $ you want to spend on a nice dinner, but there's no place better than Gibson's Steakhouse, in my opinion.  You have to have reservations, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We LOVE Le Bouchon in Bucktown.  It is a french bistro, they have a killer everyday prix fixe
    Salad or Soup, Steak frites or roasted chicken, and chocolate mousse or apple tarte for $19.  The rest of the menu is delicious as well. 

Also in Bucktown, Hot Chocolate, AMAZING desserts and brunch.  Dinner is delicious too, but I always order an app only to save for dessert.

On Bucktown/Logan square line 90 Miles Cuban Cafe is really good, cheap, and parking around there is easy. (BYOB)
    I also love Kuma's, but be forewarned, its loud.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gotta got to Gran Lux Cafe in downtown Chicago. Great food, drinks and the athomsphere is very nice.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the nice dinner you could check out the signature room on top of the John Hancock building...my FI took me there for my birthday and it's amazing, just very $$.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board