Illinois-Chicago
Options

**Makeup Artist Needed**

Hello All,

I am looking for an afforable makeup artist in the Chicagoland area for myself and my 4 BMs. Please let me know if you have any recs.
Thank you in advance!

Live, Love, and Laugh.............Out Loud!

Re: **Makeup Artist Needed**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    doriemae makeup (you can check her out on facebook) is just starting off her biz and I love her work!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much are you looking to spend? Do you want airbrush?

I recommend: Cynthia Sally (or Maris who also works w/her)--they do airbrush:
    http://www.cynthiasally.com/site/

Or, Make up by Julie--she does regualr make up. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Makeup-by-Julie/109582419105714?v=info
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Cynthia Sally. She did my makeup for our wedding and it was beautiful, and stayed all day and night. I had the airbrush and lashes. My sisters had their make up done as well, and we loved our lashes (called them our lady gaga look)

She's a teriffic gal, and does a great job.
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Susan Rogan is doing mine.  I really love her and she is affordable. 

http://www.makeupchicago.us/bio.htm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend www.beautybydeanna.com She is amazing!!! Used to be lead makeup artist at the Wyn in Vegas..has done stars makeup like Celine Dion :)
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.moyamakeup.com

I love Niki. She's such a sweetheart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.soniaroselli.com

They have level 2 artists that are $175/$75. I'm doing a level 1 artist which is $225 and $85 for airbrushing.

Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup I also recommend Sonia Roselli. There are associates that have varying rates and there is an appointment setter when you call who will go over it with you. So far so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to highjack the thread, but what is the general consensus on airbrush vs. regular make-up?

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of airbrush even though it's a little pricey. When I get nervous and anxious I start to sweat (I know, TMI) and my make up just melts.  I had an airbrush trial and it lasted from when I had it done at 1pm, through well into the evening. My photographer also mentioned that it looks great in pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Airbrush 100%.  My engagement were done outside in the city in August, on one of the hottest days of the yr last summer.  I looked flawless, even after 4 hours of feeling like I was melting!!

and BTW.....Maris @ Cynthia Sally was responsible for the fantastic make-up!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holly Kasprisin of www.chicagobridalhairandmakeup.com did an awesome job with my airbrush makeup trial. I wanted to look like myself, but only better. I was afraid that if I didn't where a lot of makeup that it would not last. Holly calmed my nerves when she told me I didn't need a lot for it to last. I did the trial early (10am) and it lasted late into the evening until I took it off. She does airbrush; and said it's a combination of the right makeup, and soft touch that leaves a completely natural look that stays in place all night long. The only thing I touched up was my lips, and a little powder later on (I'm on the oily side) Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    anyone has experience with Makeup Forever HD foundation? Does it stand the test of time as well as Airbrush?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards