Illinois-Chicago
Options

Winter Reception/Photo Ideas

Hi!

I'm recently engaged and just starting to scope out possible venues. I'm originally from Chicago but now live in Central IL so planning is a little difficult but luckily we have plenty of time! We're planning a winter wedding in Chicago for 2012 and I could really use some suggestions for reception venues!

Any place on the NWside/NWburbs would be great, under $75pp would be even better, and since it'll be chilly outside a venue with a nice place to take pictures inside would be ideal!

Thanks so much in advance! Laughing
Vacation

Re: Winter Reception/Photo Ideas

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You have an incredible amount of options at that price...especially during the winter months------if you can narrow down the suburban area it would be easier to direct you------and also the type of venue "feel" you are looking for------unique, elegant, rustic.....do you want it in a hotel?  Do you want to be the ony bridal party there?
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Cotillion in Palatine. I also looked at Chandlers in Schaumburg (on the golf course) and some hotels in Schaumburg--Marriott and Renaissance.
  • Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The church is close to O'Hare so anywhere near there is good. I don't really care if it is in Chicago or a suburb. I just don't want guests to have to drive too far since the road conditions might not be the best depending on weather. As for the type of venue. I'm pretty open, but I do LOVE chandeliersSmile so something a little elegant 

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I'll look into those places!
    Vacation
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Although I have no personal experience with this venue....it is near the airport and touts itself as filled with chandeliers.....

http://www.casaroyale.com/index.html

It is Casa Royale Banquets in Des Plaines

Other venues near your area of interest that may have the look you are searching for:
    European Crystal in Arlington Heights......Stonegate in Schaumburg......The Seville in Streamwood.....the Double Tree in Arlington Heights.....and I know several people who have really enjoyed the Westin in Itasca :-)
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh another one near ohare is White Pines golf course. There's a ton of good hotels by Ohare too...Westin, Intercontinental, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. totally depends on what you want.
    Chandlers has a $12500 min on Sat for the grand ballrooms but that may be cheaper in the winter vs the summer when I looked at it. The nice thing about the Cotillion is they have a PERSON minimum vs a DOLLAR minimum which allowed us to control the cost more.
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married in december, so we had the same dilemma. we chose the embassy suites in deerfield because the atrium basically looks like a rainforest. i think we are paying $65 a head for a dinner buffet
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is going to be at the westin in itasca in the four seasons tent which has beautiful chandeliers.  even though it is a tent, it has heat and your guests never actually have to walk outside because the walkway is enclosed.  the trave from ohare isn't bad either...down thordale (usually takes me about 15 minutes from there to ohare)
  • Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all of the suggestions!!!! They all look great on the websites! Can't wait to check them out in person! Smile
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards