Ohio-Columbus

Alterations

I need to have the bust of my dress taken in just a little bit and I've been searching the boards. Seems everyone recommends Monica or Linda. Any strong reason to pick one or the other? And can someone please send me Monica's info, I can't seem to find it anywhere!

THANKS!

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Monica, but that doesn't mean anything. I know Linda Hine is highly recommended around here.

Edit:  You may want to try looking back a few pages as I know that info is around here, you just have to find it. I would do it for you, but I am at work right now.
  • edited December 2011
    Linda just finished mine and I canNOT say enough good things about her! She know's her stuff, she's VERY efficient, she's good at communitcating with you (doesn't leave you hanging as far as email response), she's a sweetheart and really makes you feel beautiful, which is a big one in my book :) If you have any more specific questions, let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_alterations-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:0046a52c-6083-4be1-923b-74f664226cccPost:d60e84bf-75bf-49aa-88a0-4df1cd61bf5d">Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to have the bust of my dress taken in just a little bit and I've been searching the boards. Seems everyone recommends Monica or Linda. Any strong reason to pick one or the other? And can someone please send me Monica's info, I can't seem to find it anywhere! THANKS!
    Posted by 1veryluckylady[/QUOTE]

You have a PM with Monica's info!
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. Linda is actually all booked up right now. I left a message for Monica, hopefully I'll hear back from her soon!

Big thanks for the contact info xjulie!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to meet with Monica tomorrow to have a dress made out of my FMIL's bridesmaids dress fabric as a surprise for the engagment party they are throwing for us. I'll let you know how it goes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cml214cml214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know everyone on here recommends Linda, but I had mine done by Bernice Muschlitz....she was referred to me by a friend of mine who works at A&F, apparently she is well known among the A&F and Limited retail crowds for being amazing at altering just about anything!   I had bought a dress at David's Bridal, and she totally re-did the entire top, removed some points, put in a sweetheart neckline, bustle, and then some other little tweaks that make the dress look WAY more expensive than it really is.   All for only $90.   I've seen other dresses she has literally torn apart and redone, amazing!   She also did a bridesmaids dress for me for a wedding I am in, helped calm down some huge pleats, etc.   Plus, she is an absolute JOY to work work - so nice, I loved her!   And she did mine in a very reasonable timeframe, I was amazed at how fast she was!

Morning Glory Fashings, LTD
    Bernice Muschlitz
    614-476-2125 Phone
    614-332-4946 Cell
  • edited December 2011
    I actually with with Linda Hammond (I know there is another Linda a lot of girls used)
    777-6070 she seemed pretty reasonable.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    I used Monica (well, I am using).  Met with her last week.  She took one look at my dress and knew exactly what was wrong with it.  Very reasonably priced.  My dress needed a bit of TLC since it was a sample sale dress and I felt very confident leaving it in her hands.  She also told me one week turn-around, but since my wedding isn't until November, I told her to take her time in case any other brides come up in the middle of a crisis.  She also had great referral for dress cleaning.  And I thought the price she quoted me at was very reasonable. 

Anyways - I am very excited to see the final result!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_alterations-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:0046a52c-6083-4be1-923b-74f664226cccPost:3374450b-080b-4fe6-b20b-6fd2a551534d">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know everyone on here recommends Linda, but I had mine done by Bernice Muschlitz....[/QUOTE]

Linda Hine was all booked up and couldn't take me, and I've left a couple messages for Monica but haven't heard anything. I spoke with Bernice today and she's meeting with me next week.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone else used Linda Hammond? Or Pamela's Tailoring and Alterations? I spoke to both and they both seemed so sweet. I got their names from the place where I bought my dress, but I can't decide between the two ladies. Any reviews?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards