Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dress Shopping

Can anyone recommend some dress boutiques in the northwest suburbs?  I'm looking for a place with good service, a good variety, and a decent selection under $1500. Thanks! 
September 2011 Siggy Challenge of the Month - Colors imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    Holly117BHolly117B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can recommend Volle's Bridal in Lake Zurich.  They were super-nice and had a good selection of dresses in your price range.  I didn't end up getting my dress there, but I had a great experience with them.  A friend of mine did get  her dress there and she recommended them to me.

HTH!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers 132image invited, 55image ready to party, 48image missing out, 29 still deciding RSVP date: October 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Kathryn's in McHenry.  They have been wonderful thus far.  I got my dress there, it came in 3 months after ordering and now I'll have my 1st fitting in a couple of weeks.  Very nice there and the ladies are very very sweet.
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crystal Bride in Geneva.  There's another nice store down the street as well called Veiled in Elegance.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GiGis closet in Glenview
    Wedding Belles ltd in Barrington
    A L'Amour in Barrington
    Here Comes the Bride in Addison
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely second the recommendation to Kathryn's!  When my daughter first became engaged, she emailed several stores in the suburbs, explained that her price point was "around" $1000, and asked whether they had much of a selection within that range.  Kathryn's wrote a lovely response, and in fact, had a very good selection of dresses.  Although we were not planning on purchasing at that first appointment, my daughter fell in love with dress #5.  We have gone back twice now; once when her dress came in and another time to look at veils.  Excellent experiences all 3 times.

The response from L'Amour, FWIW, consisted of two lines.  They said we MIGHT find something on their sample rack.

Although I haven't been to either....I know other girls who have gone to Demetrious (spelling?) near Streets of Woodfield, and Marielle's (or something close to that) in Arlington Heights.

(Sidebar)....If you get to Kathryn's....I recommend a trip to Windhill Pancakes for breakfast!  Fabulous!  Just east of the shop about half a mile down on the same side of the road.
  • Options
    blegareblegare member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'm in the near northwest suburbs, so I don't know if I want to go as far out as McHenry just yet...any other suggestions? 
    September 2011 Siggy Challenge of the Month - Colors imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards