Illinois-Chicago
Options

I like Navy Blue but doesn't that clash with balck tuxes??

Is anyone else doing Navy Blue and green for their wedding.  I'm having a hard time picturing it with black tuxes...

Re: I like Navy Blue but doesn't that clash with balck tuxes??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did navy, ivory, and light pink this past weekend. It definitely worked with black tuxes.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    kryan0728kryan0728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats!  I hope it was a blast!  Do you have any pictures?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It was amazing! I only have 6 sneak peek pics right now (see post above this one) and the wedding party is not in them. Private message me so I remember to send you the link when I have more photos.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually just asked this same question on a differen board earlier today, haha. I think I've settled on navy blue and apple green for our colors and from what I've been told, the black tuxes will just look just fine. In fact, most people said having navy tuxes (in addition to navy bridesmaid dresses) would be too much. Now if you were doing green dresses, then I think you could get away with the navy tuxes. But either way, it shouldn't matter. I saw some pictures of navy dresses and black tuxes side by side- looked just fine.
  • Options
    u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My BMs are wearing short navy dresses (our colors are navy, moss green, and fuchsia), and I've never even thought about it being an issue. Black tuxes are a classic- they don't need to be a color match to anything.

I guess it depends on how traditional you are, but I'm personally not a fan of colored vests/ties/shirts. When you see black tie events on TV like the Oscars, you never see Brad Pitt wearing a yellow vest because Angelina is wearing a yellow dress.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope!  My girls wore navy dresses and our tux jackets (cutaways) were black. 
    See pics:

MOH navy contrast to FOB black cutaway

Wedding party at the altar

MOH/BM navy/black contrast

Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think black looked great, check out my married bio. My colors were Navy and Apple Green.

Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards