Illinois-Chicago
Options

top tier of wedding cake

Is anyone keeping/going to keep the top tier of their wedding cake to have for their first anniversary?  The hotel gave us ours and it's taking up a lot of space in the freezer.  Just curious to see what people were doing.

Re: top tier of wedding cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up having to serve most of ours.  *somehow* our cake that was supposed to have more than enough servings was short by like 14.  so they saved us 2 slices, which are in our freezer till next year. 

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    "She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time." The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Me:28 DH:28 TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR
    Feb'12- Clomid/TI with CD3 &21 labs(normal)& SA-count 6mil/ml,morph/motil OK-BFN
    April'12 Ultrasounds,HSG -clear, slight acurate uterus
    5/14 IUI #1-50 mg clomid-post wash total motile count 19.3 prometrium 2dpiui= BFN
    6/11-IUI #2-100 mg clomid & prometrium post wash count total motile 17.5 = BFN
    7/6 IUI#3 with 100 mg clomid, estridiol, prometrium. post wash total motile count 23.3 = BFN
    8/30IVF#1 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur,Ganerelix,Novarel.
    ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F.
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, Novarel, Baby Aspirin
    ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    2/13- Saline sono revealed a polyp. All additional labwork coming back normal. Genetic screen revealed DH has MTHFR deficiency & I am a carrier for it.
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy
    next up-Reproductive immunologist Appt 3/27, cycling in may?

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We saved it and it's taking up nearly a whole shelf in our freezer :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want to keep it, but never really thought about the space thing...luckily we have a fridge/freezer in the garage!  But does it REALLY taste good after a whole year in the freezer???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend just ate hers and said it was surprisingly good. My mom suggested that to keep it as fresh as possible, we freeze the cake overnight and then take it out of the freezer, saran wrap the heck out of the box, and put it right back in. We'll see how it works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards