Illinois-Chicago
Options

Downtown Bridal Gown Stores

I'm looking for advice on the best stores to find a bridal gown, I'd like to stay around $1500 and I don't have a particular designer in mind.  So far I have an appointment at Weddings826 on Armitage and at Macy's bridal salon.  My friend and SIL both got their gowns at House of Brides, but I read terrible reviews about the customer service.  I'd like to make one other appointment somewhere downtown, but I'm concerned that one of the places on Oak St will be too far out of my budget.  Any suggestions?

Re: Downtown Bridal Gown Stores

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If your budget is 1500 I would stay away from the stores on Oak Street. When I made an appt at Ultimate Bridal, they informed me that their gowns start around 3000. I also went to Belle vie and while I had an amazing experience their short reception dresses around 100-1500 and I didnt see a wedding dress for under 5000.

Have you considered Jcrew or Jenny Yoo? Nordstrom?

I have seen pictures of White by Vera Wang at Davids Bridal and they look beautiful. And I believe they are around the 900-1200 range.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    laurenmarisalaurenmarisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the suggestions, I have not considered Jcrew/Jenny Yoo/Nordstrom so I will be looking into those, or think about increasing my budget!

• Options
    awololayawololay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to run to Priscilla of Boston. They are going out of business and you can buy a $5000 dress for $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards