Ohio-Columbus

Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol

Hello all!

I'm just getting started in planning a Spring 2013 wedding with about 150 guests.

Can anybody suggest any Central Ohio venues that allow you to choose your own caterer and bring in your own alcohol? I'm not game for paying $20/person for alcohol since I know about 50% of my guests won't drink.

I'm aware of Little Brook Meadows and Olde Gahanna Sanctuary, and may even end up there, but I'd love to see if there are any more of these gems out there!

I appreciate all the help in advance :) I'm anxious to get moving on the rest of planning, but feel like I need to figure this out before I can!

Re: Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol

• In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_flexibility-to-choose-your-own-caterer-and-bring-in-your-own-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:02986ce7-9299-4d17-a7ea-b00e89aa771bPost:76e8531d-6c57-422c-9363-180163667d17">Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all! I'm just getting started in planning a Spring 2013 wedding with about 150 guests. Can anybody suggest any Central Ohio venues that allow you to choose your own caterer and bring in your own alcohol? I'm not game for paying $20/person for alcohol since I know about 50% of my guests won't drink. I'm aware of Little Brook Meadows and Olde Gahanna Sanctuary, and may even end up there, but I'd love to see if there are any more of these gems out there! I appreciate all the help in advance :) I'm anxious to get moving on the rest of planning, but feel like I need to figure this out before I can!
    Posted by Livia429[/QUOTE]

The Cultural Arts Center was a venue we did recently and brought in alcohol, service etc. It was beautiful and a great, unique site for a wedding.

Nancy Plassman
    Director of Catering, Carfagnas
  • I know your looking to bring in your own caterer and alcohol, but if it is due to budget, i suggest still looking at all venues. We found a venue that you only pay for the alcohol you use, put $200 up front for alochol, if you run out theyll ask a designated person if you would like to purchase more. And with our venue, you spend minimum 5000 which includes food, linen, silverware, everything! We actually ended up only spending about 4000 with all of that, so we actually had money leftover for their decorations, center pieces, and chair covers! :) oh and it also includes unlimited, coffee, tea, and lemoade! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_flexibility-to-choose-your-own-caterer-and-bring-in-your-own-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:02986ce7-9299-4d17-a7ea-b00e89aa771bPost:7f6de953-4799-4085-b0f9-8c6742205a95">Re: Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know your looking to bring in your own caterer and alcohol, but if it is due to budget, i suggest still looking at all venues. We found a venue that you only pay for the alcohol you use, put $200 up front for alochol, if you run out theyll ask a designated person if you would like to purchase more. And with our venue, you spend minimum 5000 which includes food, linen, silverware, everything! We actually ended up only spending about 4000 with all of that, so we actually had money leftover for their decorations, center pieces, and chair covers! :) oh and it also includes unlimited, coffee, tea, and lemoade! :)
    Posted by dani1361[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What venue was this?

</div>
  • The Ohio State Bar Association allows you to bring in your own caterer and alcohol.  We are having our ceremony and reception there in Fall 2013 with about the same number of guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_flexibility-to-choose-your-own-caterer-and-bring-in-your-own-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:02986ce7-9299-4d17-a7ea-b00e89aa771bPost:81e98f60-38f8-493a-9158-9706f41726da">Re: Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flexibility to Choose your own caterer AND bring in your own alcohol : What venue was this?
    Posted by Livia429[/QUOTE]

Cheers and Lakeside Chalet in Lancaster, OH, its more of a rustic look. but if your into that look, i suggest going and looking at the venue, the website does not do it justice! :)
  • We are going with YWCA downtown Columbus. They are open as long as the caterer is licensed and you can do your own alcohol. They have a  beautiful ballroom on the 4th floor with a foyer, balcony and the coat room (since its June and not needed) will be the bar. Our wedding is about the same time as yours (6/1/13) and we are expecting about 200 ppl. Also, Camp Mary Orton is pretty awesome if you would like a rustic outdoor wedding. FYI, there isn't A/C (a no go since my hair is natural) but they just built bathrooms on to the lodge and there are cute white chinese lanterns already up for decoration.
    Hope this helps!
    Yo
  • At Bryn Du Mansion, you can choose your own caterer and bring in your own alcohol. They are in Granville, which is a half hour east of Columbus. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards