Illinois-Chicago

Finding a Bakery

Hi, so we are now 3 and 1/2 weeks from the wedding and still don't have a cake! Now we aren't looking to spend $500 on a cake, if neccessary we might go to the local grocer. But before doing that I wanted to see if anyone has some suggestions for bakeries in/near the Naperville, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn area

Re: Finding a Bakery

• How many people do you need it to feed?  We are using Dinkel's in Roscoe Village - they have been around for decades and decades and make delicious cakes and are solid business people.  I think their 100 person cake is $351 and they do short notice cakes. 

Otherwise, for your budget I'd suggest getting a SMALL cake that's all pretty for the cutting pictures - you and your honey plus your wedding party/parents can eat that one and sheet cake to serve the guests.  Sheet cakes can be pretty and inexpensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• I am using Luscious Layers and they were very affordable for what we are getting... which is a cupcake tour. I ordered 150 cupcakes and a small cake to go on the top tier to cut. That cake is also being made GF since I am allergic to Wheat / Gluten (this added some cost).... all of that and delivery was under $350. Lyndsay & Ashley have been great to work with, but I am not sure on your timeframe or how far they travel, but it may be worth a look. 

• Sometimes you can go in with your budget and tell them what you need/want.  If they can do it, great...some won't...but some will work with you to get business!  GL!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ancona Bakery on North Avenue in Northlake.  It isn't a super fancy place, but don't be alarmed by the exterior.  The lady who helped us was nice and accomodating.  We got a cake for 150 people for just under $300.

Remember, if you get a grocery store cake, they don't deliver!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards