Illinois-Chicago
Options

Has anyone been to Eva's Bridal

I went to Eva's bridal yesterday to try on some wedding dresses.  The person I had was rude and obviously didn't can about my business.  One of my bridesmaids went to get my consultant and the consultant asked my bridesmaid what did I want.  

At the end of my session she did let me know that not all of the spring line had come in and to come back at the end of March.  I want to go back there because they have a huge bridal selection.  They carry 4 or the 5 designers that sell my bridesmaid color, my flower girl and fiancé's mother can get dresses there too.  After the experience I had I almost don't want to go back.  

Has anyone else been there and had a good experience?  I want to know if it will be worth booking another appointment there but asking for a different consultant. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone been to Eva's Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    which one did you go to?  I think there are 3 in the chicagoland area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The one in Chicago on Harlem 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go back if I were you. I don't go back and ask for more when someone treats me like garbage.
    There are so many bridal salons in the Chicagoland area.

If you find dresses you like you can order them from Pearls Place which is a very very reputable on line vendor. They carry most designers. Check them out.

You may go back to try on the gown, but don't buy from them. A gal posted that she lost her gown in their fire and she has yet to be paid. Do a search, it wasn't too long ago. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I  agree with pp. I didn't have  the best experience at HOB (two different locations) when going to try on dresses with my BMs. Instead of just buying from them because they had the biggest selection, I did my research and found Pearl's Place. They have been awesome and my BM dresses were approx. 30% less expensive than any store around here.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't sure if anyone had a good experience here, there are other consultants they seemed much nicer, I watched them help their people.  I wanted to know if it was worth asking for someone else, but I will have to check out this Pearl's Place.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard the same type of things as you said about Eva's bridal before I went to the one in Orland Park. I tried it out anyways because they had the dress I really wanted to try on. So far, I have had a great experience. The consultant was extremely helpful, and really worked with my budget. The dress I wanted was over budget, but she managed to bring it down to under including free alterations. I guess it all depends on who you get!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-evas-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:60d55f1b-c332-4e02-8253-273cf53c1ec7Post:a232c823-023f-4610-91e5-74fc39f535a0">Re: Has anyone been to Eva's Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]The one in Chicago on Harlem 
    Posted by jaimechristena[/QUOTE]

I went and had a very similar experience...except that when I first walked in they didn't have my appt in the books, even though I called weeks ahead to schedule and even called the night before to confirm.

I was also looked for a particular BM dress and was told when I called the night before that they had it, and when I got there, they didn't have it at all and insisted I must have confused myself and talk to a different boutique.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards