Illinois-Chicago
Options

need advice on glassware at reception

We are in the midst of trying to pick our caterer.  We found one that we really like but their initial proposal was more than what we wanted to spend.  One suggestion they had for cutting down costs was to use plastic glasses after dinner instead of regular glassware to cut down on the amount of glasses they needed to rent.  I like that they're being creative with different ideas to cut costs, but I'm not sure how I feel about this.  What are your thoughts on plastic glasses instead of actual glasses?  I don't think it conveys the feel I want for my wedding but I feel like the food conveys that feeling more so than the other caterers we've met with, so it might be worth the trade off. 

Re: need advice on glassware at reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last summer where we had plastic glasses. It definitely felt trashy (there were other things that were also trashy but that was the biggest). Plus, when people wanted to click the glasses to get you to kiss, you couldn't do it. I would find another way to make it work- plastic cups wouldn't do it for me.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How much does it save you? It would have to be a pretty big chunk of change for me to consider doing plastic cups, even for a portion of the evening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When you say plastic glasses AFTER dinner, does that mean the drinks served from the bar after dinner? If so, that wouldn't bother me.

Plastic glasses on the table at dinner would bother me.
  • Options
    vszymanvszyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Plastic would bother me as well (and I don't consider myself all that snooty about these kinds of things).  Even when i'm in my back yard sipping wine, I'd rather drink it out of a glass mason jar than a plastic wine glass.

Can they get you some mason jars? Laughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards