Illinois-Chicago

Arcade games at reception

Altho we want to stray from trashy/tacky and too over-the-top, we do want the reception to be fun.  My daughter, in a part gift, part whimsy line of thought, wondered how an arcade game/foosball type addition would work at the reception.  It would thrill her groom and would be one of the few things that really make the night "for him" but we don't want to take away from the dancing and other (photo booth) "entertainment" portions of the evening.  Also, not really sure how to go about renting such equipment.  Thoughts??  Opinions??  Thanks

Re: Arcade games at reception

• edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on the feel of the wedding. 

Me personally, i'd think a foosball table or arcade games would be a little tacky if I saw one at a wedding reception.  I love the photo booth idea as a sort of entertainment and if you are having dancing as well, it should be enough to keep people occupied.  Adding a foosball table and other stuff kind of steers my thoughts to being at a bowling alley or a bar.

With that being said, everyone has different expectations and etiquette ideas of their own at weddings so some will love it, some will hate it, and some won't really care.  If that is what your daughter wants, then go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having lawn games during our cocktail hour outside--bags and bocce and maybe horsehoes.  Maybe you guys could do something like that?  Or maybe you could have foosball or other arcade games at an afterparty?  That being said, if thats what she wants at her wedding and it fits their personality, why not?
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would think it was tacky if I saw it at a reception, just my opinion. I agree with the above post, could you do that at the cocktail hour or after party? I think it would be a big distraction at the reception itself.
  • edited December 2011
    We had two Wii consoles with big flat screen TVs set up in our "kids" room (although it mostly the adults enjoyed it).  We used Chicago Sports Games and they were fantastic.  They also had full-size arcade games for rent and really went out of their way to source whatever it is we wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards