Illinois-Chicago
Options

Thoughts on Chateau Del Mar or Drury Lane in Oakbrook?

We have been visiting many vendors and I am curious as to if anybody has any advice on these two places? Chateau del mar is extremely affordable and seems very eager to ork with us for what we want. Drury Lane seems nice from the website, but we wont see the place in person until tomorrow. The reviews online don't seem so great for Chateau Del Mar in hickory hills but it seem so pefect. Any thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on Chateau Del Mar or Drury Lane in Oakbrook?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Drury lane is BEAUTIFUL! We had our prom there 2 times and it was wonderful. The food was good and the photos were gorgeous.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Drury Lane a few times for fashion shows/fundraisers and it's always been very nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Drury Lane for one wedding and many other events. It's BEAUTIFUL! I have nothing bad to say about them. Food has always been good as well.
  • Options
    crystylesfreecrystylesfree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I've never been to Drury Lane but we were so close to booking with Chateau Del Mar, because the price was a dream come true with the amount of guest (300) but a few things kind of bothered me like the carpet, and the small dance floor so we found some place else that was cheaper than Chateau Del mar and looked a lot better and  it was exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, thanks for all the insight! To the previous poster, what place did you end up going with instead of Chateau Del Mar?
    We looked at Drury Lane tonight and were very disappointed. It just wasn't what we expected and is too old fashioned for my liking. It's just not worth the money for me if I don't really like the place.
  • Options
    Loruhama22Loruhama22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I love Chateau Del Mar, my cousin had her wedding reception there last year and everything was beautiful and the service was awesome. Chateau Del Mar is definately one of my options :) And it is very inexpensive I think if you go for it you won't be deisappointed! :) 
  • Options
    crystylesfreecrystylesfree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We booked with Georgio's in Orland Park sorry it took so long!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards