Illinois-Chicago

Engagement picture locations...?

Okay ladies....I am looking for places to take engagement pictures. I live in the south suburbs (Orland Park area). I love every picture I've seen taken in Chicago, however, I am not a city girl so I'm looking for other alternatives. I have a few crazy thoughts in my head I figured I'd throw out there and get opinions. I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift and thought of printing pictures of my fiance and myself and hanging them from the trees..a spin off on her "mine" video. He and I are very big bears fans so maybe we can wear jerseys and finding a football field to take pictures on. I just don't know how creative a photographer can get with that. Anything outdoors is right up our alley.

And....when is the proper time to send out save the date cards? I'm getting married in June next year. I plan on using the engagement pictures for my save the dates. My fiance lives out of town so time is not on my side. I have to coordinate him and my photographer which will not be easy. My fear is taking pictures on a hot summer day...let's be honest, only Kim Kardashian can look good when she is sweating. Do I take them in the fall? Is that too late to send save the dates? I have quite a few out of town guests and I want to make sure they get enough notice.

When? Where? HELP!

Re: Engagement picture locations...?

• edited December 2011

how you been to piltcher park in new lenox ? i havent been there in awhile so im not sure how well kept it has been but it used to be a beautiful place for pictures and its backed up to the woods right there so there is plenty of tress :) ...  if you took route thirty from orland then youd take a right on gougar and it would be on the left... Im not sure if that helps! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think generally Save The Dates are sent out 6-9 months prior to your wedding date depending on how much notice people need. We have quite a few guets from out of town as well and are going to send them out in January for our Sept 2012 wedding. If you are worried about not giving people enough time, you could send out an email to let them know the date - you could also include your wedding website address if you are having one. Even if you send them out by the end of this year for your June wedding you should be okay. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    funny you mentioned pilcher park....my best friend is getting married 6 weeks after me and her ceremony will be there. any other thoughts?

hopefully i'll be able to pull something together in the next few months. i'd like to get save the dates out no later than september...
  • edited December 2011
    haha thats too funny! I wan thinking about doing my wedding there! I would be too worried about weather tho!!! I always dreamed of an outdoor wedding but its too unpredictable in IL for me. I would be on edge up until the day!  I will be thinking about this one through out the night and ill let you know if i think of anything else :)
  • kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had the same concerns. i ended up going with the church my fiances family attend. but my friend couldn't be more happy with pilcher park. she is actually having her ceremony back off near the woods...a little more of a rustic feel. and they have a green house type deal for backup....and i believe she said they supply 100 chairs. june is a tricky month....fingers crossed we both have good weather! 
  • edited December 2011
    hahah I know talking to my family this June seems to be extra crazy!!! Its either too hot, too cold, too rainy, or too humid ;) haha . But its where I lived for 18 years and wouldnt get married anywhere else :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards