Ohio-Columbus

Columbus, Ohio Rehersal Dinner

Anyone have any good ideas for a rehearsal dinner in the Columbus/Worthington/Delaware area? Not too pricey. My MIL has looked around and most places have a $1500 minimum, which is too much for them. We have about 40 people.

Thanks!!

Re: Columbus, Ohio Rehersal Dinner

• jwatts2jwatts2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have any good ideas for a rehearsal dinner in the Columbus/Worthington/Delaware area? Not too pricey. My MIL has looked around and most places have a $1500 minimum, which is too much for them. We have about 40 people.

Thanks!!
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you just have the rehearsal dinner at the church after the rehearsal?  We had food from City BBQ brought in and had a great time.  My IL's had offered to pay for it so we didn't want to do anything too expensive and it worked out perfectly. 
  • jwatts2jwatts2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at a golf course in Delaware and the golf course has a $3000 minimum to rent it. I just feel like I'm running out ideas, luckily there is still time! Thanks!
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yikes.  That surely doesn't help.  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    try deep wood or due amici downtown. also there are several restaurants around polaris/easton that are perfect for rehearsal dinners of your size.
  • edited December 2011
    We used DeepWood for ours. They don't have a minimum, and they worked to keep us under budget. 
  • spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bucca Di Beppo, Bravo

Your about in our budget with only a few more ppl
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a-ingrama-ingram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how much it is, but Polaris Grill is amazing and they have a room, not sure how many it holds.

J. Liu is also a good place in the area, probably on the pricier end but worth checking into.
  • edited December 2011
    You might see if an area apartment complex has a big clubhouse that only charges a small rental fee and bring in BBQ,etc. from City BBQ or big trays of lasagna or pasta from an italian restaurant.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    n In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_columbus-ohio-rehersal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:067a0330-95d0-47ae-a4dd-ed6284ad704aPost:829134fd-c7dc-4719-9960-364b1a99e2ba">Re: Columbus, Ohio Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure how much it is, but Polaris Grill is amazing and they have a room, <strong>not sure how many it holds.</strong> J. Liu is also a good place in the area, probably on the pricier end but worth checking into.
    Posted by a-ingram[/QUOTE]
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Polaris Grill, and it was wonderful!  I think the website says the room holds up to 50 people.  We had around 35 and it was great, but we had empty space in the middle of the room where more tables could go. 
    It might be on the pricier side though, I have no idea how much it costs, my in-laws handled everything.  If you can afford it, definitely check it out - it was delicious!
    There was a post a little while back about rehearsal dinner ideas around Polaris and Worthington you might want to check out: <a href="http://tinyurl.com/4mfongw" title="rehearsal dinner polaris area">link</a>  If your wedding is in Delaware you may be able to find less expensive fees there than in Columbus, but I don't know Delaware at all.  Good luck!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • KchambeKchambe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im with you on looking for a place. I checked Brio and they have a $1200 minimum. I can't seem to find any rooms that are under $1000. Anyone know of any outdoor spaces?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards