Illinois-Chicago
Options

Gripe

Has anyone used the general "chit chat" board and gotten a lot of attitude and negative comments in the responses to your posts??

Re: Gripe

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I use it. The responses you get depend on the questions you ask and how you phrase them. This is an internet forum, people can post anyway they want to. Just because we are all brides doesnt guarantee a "rainbows and sunshine" type of response. If you have a bad/ rude/ tacky idea, the ladies will tell you. Personally, I think its better to know ahead of time than to make a complete faux pax and have people whispering about you.

Might I suggest thicker skin?

Also, if you think the CC board is tough, steer clear of the etiquette board.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen some people be kinda nasty.  I do kind of understand their reasoning for how they respond, but I do think it can be in a little bit of a nicer way.  It's one thing to give an opinion, good or bad, but it's another to make the poster feel like crap.  I think it sometimes sounds like bullying and cliques.  But, the more I read the more I also see that they do joke around quite a bit.  I don't necessarily always agree with what they say.  But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Just make sure if you post you are really looking for honest answers, which may agree with how you feel or may not.  Otherwise you might regret you asked in the first place.  :)  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_gripe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:75dddc97-146a-4915-b425-b36091757e3cPost:46629b79-32e3-4b31-8e70-0c70e4948ecc">Re: Gripe</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use it. The responses you get depend on the questions you ask and how you phrase them. This is an internet forum, people can post anyway they want to. Just because we are all brides doesnt guarantee a "rainbows and sunshine" type of response. If you have a bad/ rude/ tacky idea, the ladies will tell you. Personally, I think its better to know ahead of time than to make a complete faux pax and have people whispering about you. Might I suggest thicker skin? Also, if you think the CC board is tough, steer clear of the etiquette board.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_gripe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:75dddc97-146a-4915-b425-b36091757e3cPost:46629b79-32e3-4b31-8e70-0c70e4948ecc">Re: Gripe</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use it. The responses you get depend on the questions you ask and how you phrase them. This is an internet forum, people can post anyway they want to. Just because we are all brides doesnt guarantee a "rainbows and sunshine" type of response. If you have a bad/ rude/ tacky idea, the ladies will tell you. Personally, I think its better to know ahead of time than to make a complete faux pax and have people whispering about you. Might I suggest thicker skin? Also, if you think the CC board is tough, steer clear of the etiquette board.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

All of this.

If you want that go to wedding wire or wedding bee.  If you want honest and real answers that are accurate, TK.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards