Illinois-Chicago

Looking for a new wedding dress on a budget in Chicago - suggestions!?

Hi ladies,

I am going wedding dress shopping in early March here in Chicago with my mother, best friend, and future sister-in-law :)

So far, I have booked appointments at Weddings 826 and David's Bridal. I am hoping to keep my dress purchase under $1,000. Are their other stores in Chicago that you'd recommend we visit?  I know Macy's and Nordstrom's have wedding dresses, but didn't much I liked on their websites. Many of the other places all seem to be too high-end for my price range.

Also, I should add that I am not interested in buying second hand.

Thanks for any suggestions, much appreciated!

Lisa

Re: Looking for a new wedding dress on a budget in Chicago - suggestions!?

• Wedding 826 is second hand.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you can head out to the suburbs, I got my dress at Jasmine in Lombard for $600 and I think they had many others in your price range.

I looked at Weddings 826 as well and while some of the dresses at Weddings 826 are second hand, you can order brand new dresses from their store. In my experience their prices were higher than Jasmine and David's Bridal.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weddings 826 is not a second hand shop.   They do sell their dresses off the rack, but that only works if you fit one of their sample sizes.   Meaning you are buying a sample dress, not something that was worn by another bride on her wedding day.  You can take home any of those dresses same day.   Anything other size/color would be ordered through the manufacturer.  You can buy samples at many bridal salons, even Kleinfelds sells samples.

Glamour Closet in the city is a true second hand store.  They only sell samples and what you see is what they have.  There is no special ordering from there. 

photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BHLDN has dresses under $1000. They have a location in Chicago, and a website. I recommend looking at the website first to check prices and styles, and then make an appointment. Their consultants are really nice, and the dressing rooms are great! The consultants are not pushy, and you won't have to make a decision that day, either. I bought my dress there, and I love it! 
  • If you are willing to travel outside of Chicago, check out Kathryn's Bridal in Mchenry, IL. I bought my dress there for $500. It was a fabulous experience and their dress selection is wonderful! I highly recommend them.
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions! For the suburban stores, they might be a bit tough to fit into that weekend's schedule since it could take 2-3 hours roundtrip in travel time, but I will keep them in mind if the Chicago based stores don't have the dress for me. I now have appointments at David's Bridal, BHLDN, and Weddings 826. 

If any other stores come to mind, please feel free to add! I can probably add in another appointment or two if they are in town.

Thanks for your help!

• Go to eBay or Lightinabox they will make your gown to your measurements very cheap direct from China
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards