Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Ideas on Northside of Chicago

Help! Does anyone have any good suggestions for reasonably priced places for a rehearsal dinner on a Friday night in the Lakeview/Lincoln Park area or close by? Our church is in Lakeview and our rehearsal doesn’t start until 7pm, so we don’t want to make people drive too far downtown and push dinner even later. Ideally we would like have a private room or private sectioned off area for about 50 people. We are running into 2 problems: 1) Places are too small or 2) prices are soooo expensive. We are even fine with just doing pizza, but all the good places seem to be downtown. We are open to suggestions though of other ideas. Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Ideas on Northside of Chicago

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We considered Cafe Baba Reeba in Lincoln Park.  They have a ton of space & the food is great! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about reza's? it's not too far and they are very reasonably priced
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mia Francesca has a private dining room and can serve Italian family style.  For other Italian/Pizza places, how about Lou Malnatis, D'Agostinos, Leona's or Harry Caray's (Wrigleyville).  There are also tons of other places in Wrigleyville that have private dining/rooms - Red Ivy, Goose Island, Irish Oak etc.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba.  If you would like something more cost effective like pizza though have you thought of Pequod's on Clybourn and Webster.  Their pizza is awesome and they have a whole cool upstairs that would be able to accommodate you.  It is complete with its own bar, plasmas, and pool table!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Cafe ba-ba-reeba, but it could get a bit pricy. 
    We are doing ours at Nookies Too in Lincoln Park.  They are just putting together a long table for us, if there are any other people there it will be maybe one or two tables. 
    Married!!
  • Options
    Bolin2010Bolin2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will be looking into some of those. I love Pequod's and we definitely are considering that place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards