Illinois-Chicago

Florist Reccommendations

Hello all,

Does anyone have good florist reccommendations?  I'm not looking for too much, here's the list of what I'd need from my florist.  I am on a budget of about $75 for flowers: is this even feasable?  We are also doing a January wedding. 

3 bridesmaids boquets (each gets about 3-5 stems of their favorite flowers - orchids, lilies, daffodils)

3 groomsmen boutonieres (sp?) - the boys may even opt for the pocket squares, it's up to the fiance

1 groom boutoniere

2 MoB and MoG nosegay boquets instead of corsages

1 toss boquet

I'm making my own brooch/silk (or real) boquet so I'm grabbing mine wholesale and assembling it. 

Our centerpieces are all non-floral as are our ceremony decorations

Thanks for any input, it's a huge help b/c I live in WI and can't pop down as often as I like
"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot

Re: Florist Reccommendations

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...I'm paying just under $900 for flowers, and I'm using roses, tulips and stephanotis (pretty inexpensive and in season flowers) and each of my BM bouquets are $30.

I believe (though I could be mistaken) that orchids and lillies are quite expensive. You might want to check w/a florist to see what flowers are in season.  Florists often throw in toss bouquets for no charge (at least mine is), and I think corsages are going to be cheaper than nosegays.

Have you thought about buying flowers at Costco/Sams? I've heard lots of people do this and arrange their own bouquets, etc.
  • Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on getting my flowers from Costco- I've heard good things about the quality and since I'm only looking for common flowers (roses, carnations, other filler flowers) it shouldn't be too bad.  I wouldn't mind making the groomsmen's boutonierres myself (i'm pretty crafty) like the day before the wedding and just keeping them chilled. 

The only thing i'd really like to see professionally done is the bridesmaids bouquets and the toss bouquet 
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
  • edited December 2011
    Is you budget $75 per bouquet, or is this for everything?? Orchids alone can run $10 per stem. The least expensive bridesmaid bouquet our florist could do was for $40 each, and this was for all in season flowers, nothing fancy. I would try doing the flowers yourself, either from Costco or you can even order flowers from Jewel. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure that $75 total is fesible.  The best advice (I think) is doing the Costco/Sams DIY or using silk flowers and making them yourself.  Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoops! typo (trying to post on a lunch break lol)

my budget is $275 for floral lol

I think that should help now

sorry about that!
  • fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist was really reasonable and budget friendly. You could try talking to her -- her name is Mary and the company is Flowers by Color -- www.flowersbycolorchicago.com. Good luck!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards