Illinois-Chicago

budget videographer

Any recommendations for a budget videographer ?  This was something we were going to skip on but if we can find a low cost one it should be able to find a way in the budget.  Please if you have any suggestions please let me know. 

Re: budget videographer

• edited December 2011
    I would be interested in this as well, great post!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too! I'd love a recommendation!
  • edited December 2011
    You could try asking our videographer. I know we got a free upgrade on our package and they can make a cheaper package, if in reason. We are on a budget, but we also didn't want a very basic video. The owners name is Dan and he has been, so far very nice to deal with. His website is http://www.midwestvideoproductions.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We are so excited to work with our videographer!  This was definitely not in our budget but FI was so set on having one that I did some research and found Jeff with Shoot the Bride Films. He's been working in the film industry for years but is now starting his own company.  He is shooting our whole day for $500 (he was running a special so I'm not sure if this price still stands, but it's worth contacting him).  His email address is shootthebridefilms@gmail.com. Let him know that Shadia referred you.
    HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Shadia, I just send an email to him, that's a great deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! njohnson and jbll--Shadia's post above is the same videographer I just sent you :)
    Great minds think alike
  • kmrazekkmrazek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is getting into the wedding videographer business, so because he's new, he's probably got some good deals.  I've seen some of his other work (non-wedding related), and he's a really good videographer.  He also helped with my friend's wedding video that she said is wonderful.  His name is Dave Spooner and his email is angler.digital@gmail.com.  He will be doing my wedding!
  • vszymanvszyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a combo on my videographer and photographer at abcphtostudio.com.

I got 2 photographers and a videographer for about $3000 (the videographer was $999 with the photographer package).

I was... happier with a lot of the photos than I thought I would be.  This was an area I decided to really work on a budget.  The photographers were nice, and my ony issue was that we had a set list of "family shots" prepared and they did not bring them; so the church photos were kind of disorganized (I guess this is where I "got what I paid for" the most).

Haven't seen the video yet, but the price includes all the raw footage, so I'm sure if I have a problem with the edited version, I'll have fun playing and making my own video.

Oh- and the photo package included the album and the digital proofs (in case you're wondering).

You are welcome to view the proofs if you would like  (I think my photos turned out better than a lot of the ones posted on their site)  yes, there are some duds, but for the sake of you bridal shoppers, you can see them all :) :

abcphotostudio.com -- /> view and order prints- 2009--> December--> mike and val
    password: 95008
  • edited December 2011
    Wow these are great .   I  need to check them out this weekend

Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Shadia,
    A big thank you on your videographer recommendation, I as well, am on a very thight budget for video and contacted Jeff. He got back with me immediately and we have spoken and set up and appt. I don't need anything fancy, just  a nice video of our ceremony.
    I thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    No prob, AlphaBride--hope it works out!
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I need to send out some emails today :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards