Illinois-Chicago
Options

1st fitting Sat with Mary Catomy! I have a dumb question though...

I already called her once and hate to call again to ask so I figured I'd see if you girls know...  do I need the bra that I'm wearing with my dress for my first fitting?  When I scheduled my appt, she said to bring myself, my dress and my shoes...her words exactly.  but, I would think the undergarments would be important as well!  Oh, and what about my slip?

Re: 1st fitting Sat with Mary Catomy! I have a dumb question though...

• Options
    lawhitedlawhited member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I say you should definitely bring your undergarments - including your slip - to your fitting.  This will give your seamstress (and you) the best look at your dress to see where alterations need to be made.   Hooray for your first fitting!!!  :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, take your bra and slip.  I used Mary to fix (majorly re-do) a bridemaid dress I wore in June and add a bustle to my wedding gown for August.  I loooooooved her work, she's awesome!  She worked a miracle on the bridesmaid dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanks.  I actually did end up contacting her and she said that there's no need - that she'll help me figure out what works best with my dress - so, hopefully this works out because I don't even have my undergarments yet!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mary is known as the Boob Fairy--she'll most likely sew bra cups into your dress to make your boobs look great.

She's doing this for me and I'm really excited about it since strapless bras are so uncomfortable and I love when my boobs look great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    really?  oh, that is sooo good to know because my dress is v-neck and I am really lacking in that area so I'll need all the help I can get.  Sorry - TMI!  but, that is really good to hear!!  so, did you bring a bra with you to the 1st fitting seventiespop?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a Nu Bra that I brought with and she told me not to even bother with it. As soon as she showed me the cups, I was sold. I tried the dress on sans bra and she placed the cups in the dress after it was on.

This is what I brought with me (mostly because I wanted a picture of all the components):

Jewelry
    Veil
    Shoes
    Nu Bra (even though I never wore it)
    Hair flower
    Pics of the dress from the designers website (so she can see how the dress is meant to look)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crap!  I don't have jewelry either!!  Man, I feel like I'm really falling behind :(  Oh well, I'll just have to get a good pic of me in the dress and start hunting for jewelry that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards