Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ceremony Strings

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone used a violinist/harpist/cellist or combination thereof for their ceremony.  Who did you use, how much did they run, how was your experience with them? 

Our ceremony will probably only be 30 minutes and I was figuring on 10 minutes of prelude, entrance song, and an exit song.  The only thing that might be a hitch is I'd love to have "Your Song" as the one I walk down the aisle to (moulin rouge version, not elton john original- I have sheet music for strings for it).  Do you know if the strings you used charge to learn a piece?

Thanks for the help; it makes planning an out of town wedding a bit easier :)

- J
"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot

Re: Ceremony Strings

• Options
    Allison8879Allison8879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using quartet parapluie - i heard them live and they were fantastic so hope they will be amazing for our ceremony / cocktail hour!! they will also write a new song for you (like the koulin rouge one you want) for a fee. they have been great to work with so far - very responsive and nice.
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try di arte entertainment. Someone else recommended me to them on the knot and Daniela Bisenius is the owner and one of the musicians. SHe's very experienced and professional and reasonably priced. She can get you whatever musicians you want to my understanding. We had a trio, flute, violin, cello and it was sooo beautiful!! It really made the ceremony for us!
    www.diarteentertainment.com
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • Options
    bevnichole12bevnichole12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten married yet, but my wedding is around the corner. We're using a harpist only, due to budget and room space for our ceremony. Her name is Kari Gardner www.blackandgoldharp.com

We went to her home and reviewed options for music and she is very talented. She played us some samples of her repetoire and I felt like I was in a concert hall, which is a good thing, and immediately fell in love with her beautiful music. She also has samples on the website too.

Her prices are reasonable compared to others I looked at. Granted Im not sure where you're having your wedding. Our location has plenty of parking and is easily accessible for the harp.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards