Illinois-Chicago
Options

Loft/Unique Reception Site

I am trying to find a reception site in Chicago that is unique - preferably a loft or somewhere with exposed brick (but not required) and a lot of windows that would fit around 200 guests.  I"m really just looking for somewhere that's not a traditional banquet hall or hotel.  Any suggestions appreciated!

Re: Loft/Unique Reception Site

• Options
    jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted unique too. We're getting married at Carnivale. It's not a loft but very unique. Most of the lofts are in the west loop. Keep in mind they end up being very expensive because you have to rent everything and the space is so raw that decorations/draping = expensive.

Check out:

Prairie Production ($4,500 to rent space only)
    Green House Loft ($4000)
    West Loop studio ($4,000)
    Room1520 ($3900)
    Nature Museum in Lincoln Park ($7,000)
    Salvage One (They book up reallllly fast and are pricey, I can't remember price)
    W Hotel (the 33rd floor)--$20,000 food/bev minimum

Art museums/galleries are another option.

PM me if you want more info about any of the above places. I visited some, not all.

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will say that Prairie Production and West Loop Studio will not comfortably fit 200+ guests if you are doing a sit down dinner.  You might also want to check out West Grand Studio or Ravenswood Billboard Factory - those are a bit larger.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    West Loop Studio has a new space called Greenhouse Lofts. It was still under construction when I saw it in July, but it is beautiful and can fit 200 people. Around $4,000-5,000.  Its in the northern part of Logan Square.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    make it a destination event and check out buenavistafarms.net
    Teri Gutierrez
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_loftunique-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:87341d37-9818-4080-814e-1bf2ba77bb06Post:4d0e82b3-d4b4-4ac2-a6ea-1d45e471e568">Re: Loft/Unique Reception Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]make it a destination event and check out buenavistafarms.net Teri Gutierrez
    Posted by Buena Vista Farms[/QUOTE]

You're a vendor. Get off the boards.
  • Options
    elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gallery 1028 is beautiful!
    Check out this blog of a recent wedding there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards