Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chevy Chase County Club vs Arboretum Club

Hello ladies, I need any and all feedback and advice on either the Chevy Chase Country Club or the Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. There prices are not too far off from one another but I'd like to hear about some experiences. Please help as we are time crunched and trying to plan from another state! Thanks!!

Re: Chevy Chase County Club vs Arboretum Club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have booked Chevy Chase, they are very flexible in working with you on your day. I like the room we will be using which is the grand ballroom, it is very roomy and open. (not sure how many people you are having) I like the fact that there is a seperate entrance for your room only, so you won't have golfers or anyone else going into your event area. The food is good, the packages they provide are reasonable and you can add alot of your own detail into it. The staff is really nice there.
    We have seen a few weddings set up in there and have talked to the coordinator a few times and I am confident that everything will work well for what we want. The ballroom does not look like your typical recception hall, it is not just one big room, there is alot of character in the decor and the room itself.
    I hope this helps a little bit good luck in your decisions. :)
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at the Arboretum.  The staff we have met with have all been friendly, helpful, and more casual--which is more to our style.  We like that we will be the only wedding--nothing to share.  The use of the patio is a huge plus for us as our wedding is in June and we are hoping for a warm summer evening.  We loved the back wall of mostly windows, and the plainer, more contemporary look, since we plan to bring in decorations and prefer working with more of a "blank slate" look.  The vendors recommended from them have all worked out well, from florist and DJ.  It is an easy place to find.  The staff always responds enthusiasticlly to our questions.  The bakery they use for the cake is outstanding and one that has been in business for many years with a solid reputation.  Bottom line is that both choices are good; we preferred the cleaner look of the Arboretum.  And, the staff was more laid back which we preferred.
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Arboretum Club in a few weeks. It was the first thing we booked for the wedding. I have enjoyed working with Chris throughout this whole process. My mom even worked with her when she was looking at bridal shower locations and had nothing but good things to say.

When we were looking into other vendors such as florist, DJ, photographer everyone liked working with the staff there. That's says volumes, I think.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    lallylolallylo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We also looked at both locations and chose the Arboretum. My finance did not like any of the other halls we looked at (which was about 10), so it was an easy decision. We have had a great experience with Tracie, who is handling our event and got married there herself last summer. Like the other ladies said, the food is good, the staff is wonderful, and the view and patio are great. We are having one of our bars outside for the night for no extra charge. Other halls wanted to charge us $300 for this. And you are the only event for the evening guaranteed. HTH!

• Options
    angantonioangantonio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Arboretum on may 15 th.  I have to say, hands down it was the best place.  Chris and the rest of the staff went above and beyond.  There was not one thing that they forgot.  They really listen and they take each wedding to be special.  I have nothing but great things to say.  We also stayed nearby at the Hampton Inn and they shuttled the guest back and forth.  The hampton isn't a marriot, of course, but Vicki was also so amazing.  They bent over backwards for us and our guest.  Good luck in the planning. 
  • Options
    ekalmesekalmes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! We are headed up from Cincinnati to Chicago this weekend to look at the Arboretum Club, Chevy Chase, Biltmore Country Club, and Arlington Park. I cannot wait to have an official date and venue secured!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Chevy Chase CC and it was really nice. Definitely check it out!  If i lived anywhere near that area I probably would of had mine there too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards