Illinois-Chicago
Options

Choose Your wedding colors??!!

Hi Ladies!

I am curious how everyone chose their wedding colors? We do not necessarily have "favorite" colors...how did you decide??

Re: Choose Your wedding colors??!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

It was easy to choose my colors. My florist kiokreations went with me to see my venue and we decided on the colors based on the stained glass windows  inside my venue. We are using all Jewel Tones, which gave me a lot of colors to choose from. Then she sent me a color board:

My invites are like the ones in the lower left corner, antique gold and fucia.
    My girls are going to be in purple. My tables with have navy linen with fucia flowers. Our flowers will be orchids in shades of lavender, purple and fucia.
    Here's a shot of the windows:

Here's the room:

Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can choose by looking at your venue, season, colors you like and go together... I liked looking at this website that has a ton of "inspiration boards. Browse and see if anything jumps out at you: the perfect palette
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I just chose mine by looking at David's Bridal's website.  Start by looking at bridal shops and see if anything strikes you.  My favorite color is hot pink and for the past 5 years or so I pictured my wedding being all bright & cheery colors, bridesmaids in fuschia or something like it.  Well, I found a color that I absolutely loved at David's and it's not pink!!  I'm in love with the color the BM's are wearing : )  it was just a matter of seeing it and loving it.
  • Options
    u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started browsing invitations and found one that I thought really stood out as being my taste. I'm using the colors and the design (paisley) for all of the elements of the wedding. I think it helps early on to pick not only colors but also some other design/theme that you can use to make everything look coordinated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also liked looking at inspiration boards. The Dessy group website has a Pantone wedding color coordinator where you can pick out colors and add things to the board from the website in those colors to see how they go together. I also took into consideration the season and if flowers are important think about that too (i.e. there aren't too many true blue flowers). Also just looking at some of the "real wedding" and other knotties bios helped me get a better idea of how it can come together.
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked through bridal magazines and picked the color that struck me the most...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go based off of the feel you want for your wedding and the colors that will work well in your venues.  Do you want a traditional formal wedding?  I think of black and red or black and champagne.  Soft & Romantic?  Pink & Gray or champagne.  Modern?  Black and white with a pop of color, grey and yellow, Navy & Fuschia. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FH wants to wear his marine dress blues in our wedding so I have to kindof plan around those.  I also wanted to make sure my BM dresses are something they would want to wear again.  So I chose Navy.  I wanted a bright color to balance out the navy so right now im leaning heavily on magenta/fuschia, (other ideas are yellow or coral)  and then I clicked a knot article this morning that featured navy and fuschia as a stylish color right now and that kindof settled it for me.

so I guess you could say my choice was made from practicality and general color preference  :)
  • Options
    ee773ee773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea.  I was looking on The Knot and I came across a color combo that struck me as perfect:  garnet and tangerine.  I've always been a fan of orange and the fact that my wedding is end of September, these colors were seasonal, warm, rich, vibrant, and unexpected.  Without realizing it, that was my criteria and these colors work incredibly well together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards