Illinois-Chicago
Options

Intro yourself here!

Lots of newbies lately, welcome to the board!  Tell us about you!

Wedding Date:
Venue (or potential venue):
Big or small wedding?:
Theme:
Honeymoon ideas?:
Something unique about your big day:
Cake or cupcakes?:

Re: Intro yourself here!

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been mostly lurking lately and don't get to be around a lot at work, so here goes:

Wedding Date: 10/22/11
    Venue (or potential venue): Mrs. Murphy and Son's Irish Bistro for the ceremony and reception.
    Big or small wedding?: Medium-sized wedding? We're inviting 90, hoping for about 70 to show up!
    Theme:  Fall-ish. And classic, romantic, and relaxed, I think.
    Honeymoon ideas?: We just decided yesterday - Copper Mountain in Colorado. We love hiking and outdoorsy stuff, so this will be way better than a beach trip for us.
    Something unique about your big day: I think we're going to have FI's uncle marry us - maybe having him get ordained by the humanist church, since we're not remotely religious.
    Cake or cupcakes?:
    Cake - a little mini 2 tiered cake for display and cutting with a sheet cake in the same flavor in the back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for doing this LIB - I am a newbie :)

Wedding Date: September 2012
    Venue (or potential venue): Belvedere Banquets
    Big or small wedding?: 150 people (I think it's big, I am sure compared to some it isnt!)
    Theme: Fun, Romantic, Our colors our black & white with purple accent
    Honeymoon ideas?: Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, Antigua... any where on a beach where it is hot!! I am taking suggestions
    Something unique about your big day: Not sure yet, we haven't done much planning other than the venue so more to come!!
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake served with Ice cream
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 29, 2011
    Venue (or potential venue): Adler Planetarium
    Big or small wedding?: somewhere between 150 and 200
    Theme: Chicago/Celtic/Classic
    Honeymoon ideas?: Hawaii!!! Maui and Kaui
    Something unique about your big day: We get the benefit of fireworks from Navy Pier! Yay
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a newbie, but I'll play:

Wedding Date: Was 10.16.10
    Venue (or potential venue):  We were married in our hometown area, the Quad Cities
    Big or small wedding?: We invited 279, but had 196 attend
    Theme: Orange, pink, and brown
    Honeymoon ideas?: We HMed at Secrets Maroma Beach and loved it.
    Something unique about your big day: Our wedding date was our 11 year dating anniversary
    Cake or cupcakes?: We did a small tiered cake and sheet cake
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! New to the board and appreciate all the posts/comments - it has helped my vendor search tremendously, thank you!

Wedding Date: August  2012, if I can convince my fiance to love this particular venue :)
    Venue (or potential venue): A New Leaf
    Big or small wedding?:
    I prefer medium size, 150-165
    Theme: no specific theme, just shooting for a "modern/vintage" feel
    Honeymoon ideas?: After the wedding, anywhere where the family isn't!
    Something unique about your big day: no flower girl/ring bearer 
    Cake or cupcakes?:
    cupcakes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been around a little bit but mostly lurking so here we go!!!

Wedding Date: October 13, 2012

Venue (or potential venue): Chicago Cultural Center!  (so excited we just booked it recently!!)

Big or small wedding?: I would say a medium sized one..we are expecting around 130

Theme: Haven't finalized this yet but I love the idea of an elegant forest. If that makes any sense. :P

Honeymoon ideas?: I have alot of ideas, FI will not give me any ideas because he says he doesn't care where we go. My front runners are the Cayman's and Antiuqa. But who knows :p

Something unique about your big day: Hmm not sure yet, we are just now starting to get serious about planning so we'll see.

Cake or cupcakes?: Cake!! Definetly chocolate :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eholstiaeholstia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10.29.11
    Venue (or potential venue): Architectural Artifacts
    Big or small wedding?: Medium-sized, expecting 100 people
    Theme: well...the place definitely has the vintage vibe going, so will be sticking with that. Will be using lots of ball jars as decoration. 
    Honeymoon ideas?: The plan is to go to Mexico. We haven't figure out the where exactly. 
    Something unique about your big day: my brother is my 'man of honor'  and my only attendant...no bridesmaids. 
    Cake or cupcakes?: Neither, we are doing pie and ice cream. The caterer is making individual tarts for everyone, but my mom will be baking us a pie to "cut".  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the newbies and congrats!  This board was very helpful in my planning.  I don't get to visit as much nowadays but lurk around when I can!
    Wedding Date: Was November 26, 2010
    Venue (or potential venue): The Peninsula Chicago
    Big or small wedding?: Medium/Small--95 guests
    Theme: Dark purple and chocolate brown in color with our initials on all paper items
    Honeymoon ideas?: We did a "Minnie-moon" at DisneyWorld right after and then in March spent 11 days in Hawaii--5 days in Kauai and 6 days on the Big Island
    Something unique about your big day: We had a balance of traditional with non-traditional--One of my best friends married us, we got married the Friday after Thanksgiving (Black Friday), we didn't have a ring bearer, we didn't throw the bouquet/garter
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 9-4-11
    Venue (or potential venue): Cantigny for ceremony and reception
    Big or small wedding?: HUGE...... not my idea.
    Theme: Marriage?
    Honeymoon ideas?: We go back and forth on this- right now we are thinking Japan.
    Something unique about your big day:  My something old is a necklace my great-great grandmother gave to my great grandmother to wear at her wedding, who gave it to my grandma to wear at her wedding who gave it to my mom to wear at her wedding, who gave it to me to wear at my wedding. And my something blue is my mothers engagement ring (aquamarine) and my something borrowed is a ring that both FMIL and her sister were married with- they have both been married for over 30 years!
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake!!
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_intro-yourself-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:8fe762dd-dcbf-4c86-a1f3-a67d9c88c849Post:f3301e4f-aa85-4aa5-99ad-ccd005fdff87">Re: Intro yourself here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for doing this LIB - I am a newbie :) Posted by LawyerLover810[/QUOTE]

I try to keep up with these intro posts :)  There are a lot of newbies that post and then leave for a long time and it makes me sad!  So make sure you stay around on here, k? :)
  • Options
    fireatlboifireatlboi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello All,
    This is my 1st post, and I'm super excited to be doing this!!

Wedding Date: May 21st 2011
    Venue (or potential venue): Elmcrest Banquets (Elmwood Park)
    Big or small wedding?: It's "so-so" about 115 people
    Theme: Just classy.............and fun!!
    Honeymoon ideas?: 7 Day Cruise to Cozmel, Ochos Rio, and Cayman Islands
    Something unique about your big day: It's my 30th BDAY!!! Yayyyyy!!
    Cake or cupcakes?: An ivory and brown CAKE!

Live, Love, and Laugh.............Out Loud!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a newbie either but I'll play :)

Wedding Date: 5/14/11 (yes, it's 39 days from today EEKKK!)
    Venue (or potential venue): St. Michael's in Orland Park; Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg
    Big or small wedding?: Well we invited 215, have received 107 yes's, our RSVP date is Sat.  So, um hopefully we hear from more? 150 would be delightful!
    Theme: Rockstar elegant
    Honeymoon ideas?: We're going to Aruba!!!
    Something unique about your big day:
    Cake or cupcakes?:
    cake (3 layers--marble w/chocolate fudge; yellow w/strawberry preserves, chocolate w/chocolate mousse and the outside icing is just vanilla buttercream)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been on here for a while, but have not done this before

Wedding Date: 8/5/11
    Venue (or potential venue): Ceremony - Westminster Presbyterian Church (which had a fire 9 months ago)  Reception- Rialto Square Theatre both in Joliet
    Big or small wedding?: Medium - 120
    Theme: Shining Star, Vintage, Theatre
    Honeymoon ideas?: We are doing a 1st Anniv trip to Ireland
    Something unique about your big day: The church is hte one I grew up in and the reception venue is where I work. So strong ties to both!
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake - that I am doing with a friends help. We have done several wedding cakes for friends and family
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 9th 2012
    Venue (or potential venue): Ceremony at the Baha'i Temple in Wilmette and the reception at White Deer Run Golf Course
    Big or small wedding?: 100 - 125
    Theme: Modern classic vintage
    Honeymoon ideas?: Italy and Greece! 
    Something unique about your big day: Getting married where my parents were married 36 years ago
    Cake or cupcakes?: Both!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_intro-yourself-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:8fe762dd-dcbf-4c86-a1f3-a67d9c88c849Post:8382f172-852d-4cb7-acbf-e9f312a26b87">Re: Intro yourself here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro yourself here! : I try to keep up with these intro posts :)  There are a lot of newbies that post and then leave for a long time and it makes me sad!  So make sure you stay around on here, k? :)
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]

My wedding is 18 months away...I'm not going anywhere! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've posted here and there on this board, but probably never introduced myself:

Wedding Date: November 18th, 2011
    Venue (or potential venue): Georgio's Banquets, Orland Park
    Big or small wedding?: Around 170 invited
    Theme: Partially Blackhawks hockey, red/white/silver colors, small hockey related things throughout
    Honeymoon ideas?: Couples resort in Jamaica
    Something unique about your big day: Incorporating Blackhawks ideas into it, and John McDonough (president of Hawks) knows about it and said it was a cool idea!
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake! YUM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really a newbie here, but I've found this board to be so helpful, so I'll reintroduce myself!

Wedding Date: December 10, 2011
    Big or small wedding: Inviting around 250...
    Theme: No real theme, but colors are black and white
    Honeymoon ideas: Probably an all-inclusive in the Carribean
    Something unique about your big day: I'm hoping to have Christmas carolers as cocktail hour entertainment
    Cake or cupcakes: Cake, but only because it's included in our package with our venue.  I'd be very tempted to do cupcakes otherwise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 18, 2011
    Venue (or potential venue): Maple Street Chapel (ceremony); Abbington Banquets (reception)
    Big or small wedding?: Big - about 200 (not necessarily by choice, my mom has a big family, my dad keeps inviting everyone he has ever met)
    Theme: None
    Honeymoon ideas?: Couples Swept Away, Negril Jamaica
    Something unique about your big day: We chose the month of our wedding based on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and the song June Bride.
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake...4 tier, square cakes off set
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_intro-yourself-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:8fe762dd-dcbf-4c86-a1f3-a67d9c88c849Post:5523c974-abe7-401a-bcd6-75afe6198e15">Re: Intro yourself here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Date: June 18, 2011 Venue (or potential venue): Maple Street Chapel (ceremony); Abbington Banquets (reception) Big or small wedding?: Big - about 200 (not necessarily by choice, my mom has a big family, my dad keeps inviting everyone he has ever met) Theme: None Honeymoon ideas?:<strong><font color="#000080"> Couples Swept Away, Negril Jamaica</font></strong> Something unique about your big day: We chose the month of our wedding based on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and the song June Bride. Cake or cupcakes?: Cake...4 tier, square cakes off set
    Posted by mscramuzzo[/QUOTE]

That's where we are going for our honeymoon too!! But we are going in December! I'll be looking forward to your reviews about how it was! I can't wait to go!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome newbies! Wedding Date: 7/9/11 Venue (or potential venue): St. Clement Church, River East Art Center Big or small wedding?: 250-300 Theme: Big City Chic, colors are taupe and dark pink, with touches of sage green (green hydrangeas and linens are a soft sage green) Honeymoon ideas?: Europe! 2 weeks away eating delicious food! Something unique about your big day: I'm not doing a receiving line or going table to table...we will be there for the whole cocktail hour, and are having a brunch the next day and will do our socializing then! I've been to too many weddings where the bride and groom don't enjoy their own wedding....we want to eat and dance and have a good time! Cake or cupcakes?: Cupcakes from Molly's - chocolate, vanilla, carrot, and red velvet
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    ekeeganekeegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been a lurker on the boards for awhile, but this is my first post!  There are always such helpful suggestions on here, especially since I'm planning from out of town.  Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor soon!

Wedding Date: 8/13/11
    Venue (or potential venue): Lilacia Park; The Carlisle
    Big or small wedding?: Medium, 120-150
    Theme: Just our colors, navy and cornflower blue
    Honeymoon ideas?: Sandals Grande in St. Lucia!
    Something unique about your big day: My two step-sisters are acting as usherettes.
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Newbies!!! I've been around too long I think ;)

Wedding Date: 7.9.11
    Venue (or potential venue): The Cotillion (Palatine)
    Big or small wedding?: Medium--219 invited, hoping for 175ish
    Theme: Classic, clean, almost preppy
    Honeymoon ideas?: Mexico!!! Booked and confirmed :)
    Something unique about your big day: We are having a popcorn buffet for favors
    Cake or cupcakes?:
    Cake
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Date:July 1, 2011
     Venue (or potential venue):Church-St. John the Evangelist (Streamwood) Reception-Westin(Itasca-in the Four Seasons Tent YEAH!!!)
     Big or small wedding?: Pretty big...we are inviting 275, invites go out at the end of the month so we will see what happens
    Theme: No real theme but if you can't tell my accent colors are pink and green (BM dresses are dark silver) and there will be a bit of bling
    Honeymoon ideas?: We are going to San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Something unique about your big day:Two things...My mom is walking me down the aisle because she has been my mother and father figure and she deserves her moment in the spotlight too....there are 27 people in our bridal party...my BMs are walking down with aisle with 2 GMs 
    Cake or cupcakes?:Cake from Rolf's Patisserie- our venue uses them...the cake was awesome at our tasting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: April 21, 2012
    Venue (or potential venue): Assumption Catholic Church in Chicago for the ceremony, and The Rookery for our reception!
    Big or small wedding?: We're inviting 200 so I guess that's big-ish?
    Theme: I picked so many vintage inspired things (without realizing it at the time) so the wedding will have a definite vintage vibe.
    Honeymoon ideas?: We're hoping to go to Bora Bora
    Something unique about your big day: The church we're getting married at was founded in the 1800's by my great great great (great?) grandfather.
    Cake or cupcakes?: Cake!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: August 2012 (exact date is yet-to-be determined)
    Venue (or potential venue): Country Squire (Lake County)
    Big or small wedding?: 150-175 people
    Theme: "simple elegance" - not really a theme, but an underlying idea for planning
    Honeymoon ideas?: Disney World or a cruise
    Something unique about your big day: we're getting married where FI's grandparents had their 50th anniversary party shortly before his grandfather passed away... and I'll be wrapping a pair of my grandmother's pearls (given to her by my grandpa) around my bouqet since they both are no longer with us 
    Cake or cupcakes?: cake

I'm not really a "Chicago" bride, but being a suburban bride, I think this is the most appropriate board for me... plus I got to school in the city, so I'm using that as my excuse :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!!  So nice to "meet" you all!  I introduced myself in an earlier post but thought it'd be fun to reply to this as well.

Wedding Date:  Chicago ceremony will be on 5 Oct 2012
    Venue (or potential venue):  Still deciding on the church, Fulton's on the River for the reception.
    Big or small wedding?:  We decided on 120 but hoping for a little less
    Theme:  No main theme but a lot of little themes.  It will be multi-cultural.  He's half Puerto Rican/Mexican and I'm half Korean.  We'll also have a little salute the military as well since we're both in the Air Force.  
    Honeymoon ideas?:  My FI is doing all the planning!  It's going to be a complete surprise to me =)
    Something unique about your big day:  We're going to have a Mariachi Band play sometime during the reception.  Also, our fave numbers are 5 and 10.  Our civil ceremony will be on 10 May and our Chicago ceremony is on 5 Oct =)  Complete coincidence that it worked out that way!
    Cake or cupcakes?:  
    Definitely cake
  • Options
    fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks this is fun! I enjoyed meeting everyone in the post ;) I'm relatively new and haven't posted much here yet.
    Wedding Date: 11-11-11
    Venue (or potential venue): Waterford Banquets in Elmhurst
    Big or small wedding?: Pretty big.. we're inviting close to 200 people! eek. We both have pretty big families.
    Theme: is 11-11-11 a theme? otherwise our colors are sapphire blue, dusty purples and sage greens, and I am inspired by mixing vintage and modern.
    Honeymoon ideas?: Going to Naples, FL (we get free lodging at my FI's grandpa's vacation home)
    Something unique about your big day: I'm making my own wedding dress!
    Cake or cupcakes?: I think cake, but we haven't decided yet.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm like a semi-newbie so I'll play too :-)

Wedding Date: 10.22.11
    Venue (or potential venue): Trump Hotel
    Big or small wedding?: Medium-ish We are cutting the guest list back to 175 but at one point it was almost 400 lol
    Theme: Bright, Colorful, Fun
    Honeymoon ideas?: We're going to St Lucia for New Years
    Something unique about your big day: My dress is pretty unique and we are having a big after party since our reception ends a little early.
    Cake or cupcakes?:
    Cake and sweets table!
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_intro-yourself-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:8fe762dd-dcbf-4c86-a1f3-a67d9c88c849Post:7c4c8596-5213-47b7-8022-0e472c05c140">Re: Intro yourself here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not really a newbie here, but I've found this board to be so helpful, so I'll reintroduce myself! Wedding Date : December 10, 2011 Big or small wedding : Inviting around 250... Theme: No real theme, but colors are black and white Honeymoon ideas: Probably an all-inclusive in the Carribean Something unique about your big day : I<strong>'m hoping to have Christmas carolers as cocktail hour entertainment </strong>Cake or cupcakes: Cake, but only because it's included in our package with our venue.  I'd be very tempted to do cupcakes otherwise!
    Posted by TEA&Co[/QUOTE]
    This is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10/1/11
    Venue (or potential venue): The Stonegate, Hoffman Estates
    Big or small wedding?: BIG...inviting 300!
    Theme: Classic. Black & White Damask, deep red accents
    Honeymoon ideas?: Cabo, Costa Rica, Hawaii...can't decide!
    Something unique about your big day: I'll be wearing my Mom's chapel length veil :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards