Illinois-Chicago
Options

Professional makeup for engagement pics?

For those of you who took engagement pictures, did you get you get your makeup professionally done, or did you do it yourself?

Thanks!

Re: Professional makeup for engagement pics?

• Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Sephora. Some makeup counters still do full blown makeovers for free but I think they are few and far between. Sephora does a "make-up lesson" for free which means that they do one side and then you do the other (they put eyeshadow on one eye and you do the other eye, etc). The girl who did mine knew I had engagement pics and didn't seem thrown by it at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting mine done at Benefit Cosmetics on Armitage. They charge $50, but it is redeemable for products, so it's basically free if you buy the $50 worth of products. They do a great job and I looove their makeup! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm doing it at sonia roselli's. it's part of my wedding package...
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did - my salon had a "makeover" package with a hair style, brow shaping, and makeup for $80.
    Or you could schedule your wedding makeup trial for that day. I did my hair/mu trial the day of my bachelorette party so that I could use the trial for some other purpose!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also go to MAC and have it done as long as you buy $50 worth of product.  I'm not sure if you have to have an appt or not.  If you don't want your full face done, they will at least do your eyes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you do you makeup trial for them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure if they do trials there.  I just went in with my sister, and the girl that we got did my sister's eyes and then when I sat down she asked if I was the bride and did my eyes first and then wound up doing my whole face, probably because she wanted my business (on the side).  So, you can try that....and it's free.  It probably also depends on how busy they are so best bet is to go on a weekday.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did as a trial for the wedding, PIB. My skin breaks out a lot so I was very glad that I had my makeup done. I was very happy with how our pictures turned out. However, if you're skilled with makeup (I am not) then you probably don't really need the help of a pro- just apply the makup a bit heavier than normal.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I debated this for my e-pics and decided just to do it myself (I'm not too bad with makeup - or at least that's what I think!).  I am very happy with my decision - after the pro photo retouching they do it almost looks like I got it done!  Here they are if it helps http://www.gntphoto.com/blog/?p=521
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards